What's new

IPhone 3G won't turn on.

i've already done that, thats why i was able to get back into it, then when it was done i got what i showed you

If you restored your device, then you're on 6.1.3 assuming you used iTunes and did not use a custom IPSW. Jailbreak the device as is and see if the issue still exists

yes i used itunes to restore it, but i dont how or where to jailbreak it, can u give me instructions because no matter how many times i try to install redsnow it says the same thing

You don't install RedSn0w, it's a standalone executable application. You have to check your connection gateway then, because I'm downloading RedSn0w just fine using either of those links. Here's a link for jailbreaking using RedSn0w. Just change the IPSW that you're selecting to the iOS 4.2.1 IPSW for the 3G. Ignore the Booting Tethered portion at the bottom

i got the redsnow installed and tried to jailbreak it but i think my power button is broken, no matter how long i hold the button it wont turn off

it says on the bottom: connected: Iphone (4.2.1,05.15.04)

Create a DFU IPSW to use with iTunes. Go to Extras > Even More > DFU IPSW, select the iOS 4.2.1 IPSW. RedSn0w will create a ENTER_DFU_iPhone2,1_4.2.1.xxxxxx.IPSW. Open up iTunes, shift+click Restore and point it to this new DFU IPSW. Let the restore process go through. At the end of it, you'll be in DFU mode. Once you're in DFU mode, follow the guide, except you ignore the parts where it says to put the device into DFU mode since you're already in DFU mode.

it say to use the following file browser to select an IPSW that you can currently restore to without any hacks or pwnage steps, then a file browser comes up

also when i go into itunes it says" We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time"

You select the iOS 4.2.1 IPSW for the 3G...........

You should still have access to your device regardless of whether you've activated or not. Otherwise, open up Assistive Touch in Settings.app > General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch > On. Then use AssistiveTouch to turn your phone off while it's unplugged. While it's off and unplugged, hold the home button down and plug it in. Keep holding the home button until you see the Recovery Mode screen. Now go to iTunes, shift+click the Restore button, point it to the DFU IPSW that you created, let it DFU your device, then follow the instructions.

i dont have any access to my iphone that picture is what pops up when i press the home button, then i slide it and i get the emergency call option when i try to get out of it, it goes back to the same image in the pic i put up, i cant get into anything on it from the phone, does it make sense i can touch the i with the circle on it and i get an IMEI number and a ICCID which says unknown under it but thats all i can get to, no clue why

i also dont see an iOS 4.2.1 IPSW for the 3G on my computer

Ummm..... Obviously you kinda have to download it, hence the instructions in the guide if you've read it at any point where it asks for you to download the iOS IPSW of your device.