What's new

iPhone 3G Recovery Error 1015

Swammaster

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new here. I have an iPhone 3G which is Jailbroken (iOS 4.1). I tried to update it but it didn't work, and now it's stuck and it can't recover it says error 1015. I downloaded redsn0w and I did download the iOS 4.1 IPSW, but when I try to open it, redsn0w doesn't sensor it, there is just ''back'' available. Step by step help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm afraid that didn't work, when I put it on DFU mode then the iPhone is no longer accepted by iTunes therefore I cannot check the IPSW.. any other tips you can give me? Using redsn0w maybe? (don't forget my phone is jailbroken)..

You cannot restore to its 4.1 since the window has closed for it and iOS 4.2.1 is the latest for the 3G. If you insist on staying on 4.1, you must have the iOS 4.1 SHSH blobs saved in order to do so.

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

poopizza said:
Dude you have no clue what ur talking about
Try these things
1 make sure its in dfu
2 download tinyumbrella and start the tss server
3 make sure you do NOT have itunes 11
I have pur my iphone 3g through a lot, abd i can restore it just fine
You do NOT need shsh blobs for the iphone 3g

Take the time to re-read what Willerz2 wrote.....it's correct... The OP is trying to restore to 4.1 firmware which requires SHSH blobs [ because it's not currently signed by Apple] ..... If the OP decides to install 4.2.1 firmware would easier as this is currently signed by Apple and is the latest/last firmware available for the iPhone 3

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

Can I get a link to tinyumbrella? Also I currently have the newest version of iTunes. Could I ask you to simplify the blobs and these kind of terms? I'm not really professional at iPhones, I just use it as a mobile phone mainly. Thanks in advance. And also it would be nice to recapitulate the steps I have to do in the process after it's in DFU mode (10 sec pressing power and home button right?)

In my honest opinion, just upgrade the device to iOS 4.2.1. Open up iTunes, go to your device's profile on the left taskbar, and click the Restore button. Make sure you've backed up your device fully before restoring so you won't need RedSn0w or TinyUmbrella, just to keep things simple.

I can't back it up and it won't restore, still the same error 1015 iPhone cannot be restored. Even though it was written Recovering and updating iPhone, but there is always the error after the process..

Ah I know the problem. Did you by any chance had the iPhone flashed to the iPad Baseband?

I don't know what you're asking... could you simplify? I got the iPhone when it was jailbroken, I had 4.1 for like 2 years and now I tried to update and there was error 1015, the same thing happens when I try to restore it. What's a baseband?

Last edited:
Did you unlock your device or flash your device with the iPad Baseband. If not, preserve the baseband by stitching blobs to a clean IPSW and use the new custom IPSW that you made to restore.