What's new

iPhone 3G, error 3194 while restoring: HELP PLEASE !!!

Adrien

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have a problem with my iPhone, which WAS jailbreaked, but then I had the weird idea to restore it with iTunes. Now, each time iTunes says "the iPhone can't be restored. An unknown error occured (3194)".
What should I do in order to restore it, and then to jailbreak it and unlock it (with Cydia) ?
I don't remember up to what upgrade I brought the iPhone, but now I can't even check that (as I can't turn it on, and iTunes just writes "N/D" on the software's version.
Please help, I don't have my iPhone since about 1-2 weeks now !!! :(

Check out tinyumbrella its an application for your computer that will detect your phone as long as its on and plugged in. It can in many cases even kick your phone out of recovery. You dont have any idea what ios you have? Tiny will detect your ios version too. So if it connects to your computer tiny will tell you what you have installed on it. In sone cases when you install custom iOS's you can only restore to a custom iOS. Keep that in mind when your updating. What did you jailbreak it with?

You might just need to tell iTunes to look at sauriks servers to sign your iOS. You can look that up in google. But i think i read the 3g doesnt have this issue. Press the more info button next time and look up specific codes on the apple site to get a better idea what 3194 means

Last edited: