What's new

iPad Air have 1 or 2 speakers?

APX7000

Reaction score
I see on the bottom of my iPad Air there are two grills for speakers. I only have sound coming from the right speaker. Is this correct? The mic is on the top, so that make me think there should be sound coming from the left speaker too.

I see on the bottom of my iPad Air there are two grills for speakers. I only have sound coming from the right speaker. Is this correct? The mic is on the top, so that make me think there should be sound coming from the left speaker too.
Have you checked Settings>General>Accessibility>Hearing and checking the location of the L R slider to see if it's all the way over to the right. If so, try centering the slider to see if that helps. I don't have an iPad Air myself and this may only apply to EarPod sound balance.

Yep both speakers work, thanks for the tip on checking with the slider. Most games appear to only come out of the right speaker. Maybe this is a carry over from phones that only have the one speaker.

I'm unsatisfied with the volume loudness. The speaker in the 5s is the same volume as the iPad Air. Couldn't they put a louder speaker in there. There's plenty of room for a larger one if apple really wanted to.