What's new

iPad Air 2 jailbreaking

PankajShinde

Reaction score
I have iPad Air 2.(updated to 8.1.2). I want to jailbreak it. I want to ask that if i jailbreak it, it will void its warranty. But if I unjailbreak it again then is there any chance that apple will come to know that I have jailbroken it in the past....?

I have iPad Air 2.(updated to 8.1.2). I want to jailbreak it. I want to ask that if i jailbreak it, it will void its warranty. But if I unjailbreak it again then is there any chance that apple will come to know that I have jailbroken it in the past....?

Yes, if you jailbreak that iPad, you may void the warranty ("may" is Apple's word choice, BTW).

But, it's also true that if you un-jailbreak the device, it will be as if you never jailbroke it. No one will be able to tell.

Marilyn

Thank you Mickey330 for quick reply...I got 1 more question....I have insurance for iPad. After un-jailbreaking if my iPad damages and if I take iPad to the store where I have bought insurance, will they replace the iPad successfully..? or due to jailbraking insurance is cancelled...? and what are TaiG and Pangu...through whom should I jailbreak..? plzzz elaborate.. thank you in advance

I really couldn't tell you what would happen at an Apple Store if you took a damaged iPad in, jailbroken or not. Too many different circumstances.

As for jailbreaking, you can use either TaiG or PanGu, though TaiG is the only once that will jailbreak iOS 8.1.2. So, if you're on that iOS, you he to use TaiG. Otherwise, no difference (IMHO).

Marilyn

Ok...thank you vry mch... :) Aftr insurance I will jailbreak it.. Can I use call function using cellular network or send messages using cellular network like normal mobile after jailbreaking it....?

Jailbreaking does not detract from the original iOS designs and functionality. Jailbreaking supplements it with mods that enhances user experience that Apple has not implemented (or rather haven't stolen yet) or is a "security threat" in their eyes.