What's new

iPad 1 Jailbreak version 5.0 versus 5.1.1

bigg27

Reaction score
If this has been asked...much apologies...but when the eventual wide release of iOS 6 and the reveal that it will not be released for the iPad 1 I had this thought. I am currently running jailbreak 5.0 on my iPad 1 and wonder since this is the last "official" update for this device...is it worth it to upgrade my iPad to 5.1.1?

What would be gained by doing so? Thanks.

Hi. For info, we have a sister site, iPadForums.net which are dedicated to the iPad, with a very active jailbreaking / hacking section too, so you may like to join us over here :)

To answer your question, since you have already gone to 5.0, 5.1.1 is definatly the right choice for the iPad1. You could argue that 4.3.3 is the golden firmware for A4 devices, but it's getting quite old and tired now.
Apple worked hard on streamlining the 5.x OS for iPad1 since 5.0 was released and overall stability and memory mangement has been vastly improved.

5.1.1 is likley to be the end of line for the iPad1 (notwithstanding any maintenance updates between now and IOS 6 release), so my advice would be to update, jailbreak, and enjoy 5.1.1!

Hope that helps.