What's new

Ip6 just died whilst using

animal47

Reaction score
My daughters phone just died whilst she was using it with approx 50% battery left.
Tried resetting it with no luck and it doesn't show in iTunes either so is there anything else that I can try or does it need to go to Apple.

Did she possibly drop the phone?? Not saying she did. Just curious as to what would cause the phone to just stop working.

No I was actually there at the time, she passed it to my youngest to show her a pic and when my youngest passed it back it went blank.

That's happened to my wife's phone several times. Very frustrating. I hold the power button and home button at the same time for awhile then rapidly press the home button while keeping the power button pressed. Usually that'll force a restart

A hard reset is accomplished by pressing the power and home buttons at the same time and holding them down (no rapid pressing) until the Apple logo shows on the screen. The logo should show within 12-15 seconds. If it doesn't show up within 20 seconds the phone has a bigger problem. The next step would be to try to restore the phone by connecting the phone to iTunes and putting it into DFU mode. Look on Google for the directions for putting your particular phone model into DFU mode. The steps are a bit complicated and may take several tries to get it right. Failing that, the last resort would be taking it to Apple but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Let us know how it works out for you. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for that as I had never heard of dfu mode, unfortunately it is still totally unresponsive though.

It is under 2 yrs old but unfortunately it has probably had 6 screens in that time as she has dropped it so many times, the last 4 haven't been done by apple so would assume that any kind of warranty is invalidated.

It is under 2 yrs old but unfortunately it has probably had 6 screens in that time as she has dropped it so many times, the last 4 haven't been done by apple so would assume that any kind of warranty is invalidated.
Yes, warranty invalid and Apple will refuse to work on the iPhone for any issue.

Ok so phone went to a local repairer who replaced battery and charge port as well as trying everything that he could and it is dead.
On the upside she has now bought an ip7 and I have made her fit an otterbox although it is horrid because the front screen keeps getting moisture between it and the otterbox screen protector, does anyone know how to stop this.

It looks like oily smears where the 2 surfaces are touching, do you also use a screen protector as I am wondering whether it would help if I fitted one.