What's new

iOverclock

Chris951

Reaction score
Jailbroke my iPhone 4 5.1.1 for the first time yesterday. I've always been an overclock guy. I always seem to overclock all of my computers and phones. Thought I'd give ioverclock a try today and I can notice its a bit 'snappier' when loading and opening things which is what I wanted. It's definitely not a speed machine now but it is quicker because it takes off the under clock that apple applies to the processor so it runs at the true 1ghz instead of 800mhz. Obviously I can't test it to make sure unless there's an app to do so that I don't know about. But regardless, it feels quicker. Battery life might just slightly worse but nothing at all bad. And this app now doesn't mess with the sleep ability so it will let the processor rest and not kill the battery in an hour lol. Anyone who is interested should definitely try it. I'm happy with it.

Linkpack. It is a CPU benchmark. I used it exclusively under Android to test clock speeds and was able to get within .5% accuracy of telling you what the clock speed was using only the results.

To test clock speed properly do the following.

Return the iPhone to the standard clock speed.
Set the phone to airplane mode.
Turn off all alarms.
Hard reboot.
Wait at least two minutes for the OS to settle.
Launch Linpack.
Use defaults and hit run benchmark.
When finished write down the two numbers at the bottom.

Repeat this test two more times and average the three results.

Change the clock rate and repeat.

You do it right and you will see exactly how much CPU performance gain you are getting.

what does ioverclock do exactly? speed up the processes of your phone?

Removes the underclock power saving setting in the phone so it operates at its true speed of 1ghz

Ian not sure about ioverclock. Run the benchmark tests and average was lower with ioverclock

First pic is stock speeds. Second pic is with ioverclock on.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338264147.606709.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338264159.242479.jpg

That is a better result than I expected for an iPhone 4 (CDMA). 26% increase in raw CPU performance.

Is ioverclock a theme in winter board? Cause that's the only one I found unless there's a source im missing.

So how exactly does it make my iPhone 4s go quicker being a theme and not a tweak?

Well, if you read the whole thread it will explain everything. I also posted benchmark results in this thread that proves it works. But I wouldnt recommend it.. It makes the phone very unstable after a little while. It's not worth it.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4

I agree, if you want to speed up your phone go for FakeClockUp, all that does is increase the speed of iOS animations so you get the feeling as though the CPU speed has been increased but it doesn't actually do anything to the CPU.