What's new

Ios6 jailbreak/unlock

cathcald

Reaction score
I got a 3gs last night and it was already unlocked/jailbroken I just had to enter and ip adress into cydia. So I did and I finally got it to connect to my sim card. Then I realized I couldn't get a lot of apps due to not having the latest version so I did upgrade to ios6. I then realized I had to do this whole process myself. I did jailbreak it though redsn0w 0.9.13dev4 and I have to do the tethered reboot and the pineapple does show up. I then put the vssh lite on my phone and put cydia on there. No it either says invalid sim or no service. I kept trying to update the modern firmware to whatever other people were suggesting but it won't do anything. The firmware I have now is 05.16.07. I am at a complete loss right now on what to do next. Thank you so much for your time in advance. I have been working on this for hours now.

You upgraded the baseband(modem), so if the unlock isn't a permanent unlock, you just undid the unlock. If Cydia isn't at its latest version, all you had to do was open up MobileTerminal on your jailbroken iPhone, uninstall Cydia through commands, respring, then re-install it using MobileTerminal.

Upgrade your current baseband to 06.15.00 (iPad baseband) then downgrade back to 05.13.04 then UltraSn0w it to unlock it again on iOS 6. There are stickied instructions in the unlocking section on iPF

You upgraded the baseband(modem), so if the unlock isn't a permanent unlock, you just undid the unlock. If Cydia isn't at its latest version, all you had to do was open up MobileTerminal on your jailbroken iPhone, uninstall Cydia through commands, respring, then re-install it using MobileTerminal.

Upgrade your current baseband to 06.15.00 (iPad baseband) then downgrade back to 05.13.04 then UltraSn0w it to unlock it again on iOS 6. There are stickied instructions in the unlocking section on iPF

Not sure what the relevance of the red bits..?

I have tried to do the ipad baseband. It won't update anyfurther than 05.16.07. I also made sure to do the reboot from redsn0w. Sould I try using a different redsn0w?

Thought he was mentioning that Cydia was outdated. This is what happens when you're up 38 hours lol