What's new

Ios11.2 Force Restart

NSquirrel

Reaction score
Has the procedure for this changed between 11.1.x and 11.2?

I had an app update today and thought a restart on my 8 would be a good idea, as I wanted to see if a bug in the app had been cleared, but the phone always goes to ‘slide to power off.’ (I have tried both quick and slow volume up and volume down, followed by the power button.)

I had an app update today and thought a restart on my 8 would be a good idea, as I wanted to see if a bug in the app had been cleared, but the phone always goes to ‘slide to power off.’ (I have tried both quick and slow volume up and volume down, followed by the power button.)
While the procedure may be different depending on which iPhone model you have, it did not change with the update from iOS 11.1 and 11.2.

When the slide to power off screen comes up, continue holding down the side button and eventually (3-5 seconds) the phone will force restart. Still same button combination:

Volume up, release
Volume down, release
Hold side button until phone restarts

Thanks mattguy10. That is it. (I don’t think that the ‘slide...’ used to come up before on my 8 and hence the hold is longer.)

Thanks mattguy10. That is it. (I don’t think that the ‘slide...’ used to come up before on my 8 and hence the hold is longer.)

You’re welcome. You are correct, the slide to power off screen did not come up prior to 11.2. And yes, the process seems a bit longer, but not too much IMO. Anyway glad to help and glad it’s resolved for you.