What's new

iOS 9 Gold Master released

Are you on the developer or public beta? The update for the developer beta is not OTA, you have to download the IPSW file from the developer website and restore your iPhone through iTunes.

What's Betta??
A beta version is like a 'testing' version that is released so that users can try it out and report any issues. The developers then use those reports to resolve any problems in order to improve the software for everyone. A beta program is beneficial because it allows more people to find problems whereas a limited team might not find as many problems. Keep in mind that beta software will almost certainly include bugs.

Apple has released the Gold Master for iOS 9 today. In a surprising move they also released iOS 9.1 beta 1.
I'm not a developer, but doesn't the release of the GM mean that the official release is that much closer?

I'm not a developer, but doesn't the release of the GM mean that the official release is that much closer?
GM releases normally occur a week before the public release of the new iOS. This is to allow app developers to test their apps on an iOS version as close as possible to the public release version. This is to insure that their apps will work properly when used on the new iOS.

GM releases normally occur a week before the public release of the new iOS. This is to allow app developers to test their apps on an iOS version as close as possible to the public release version. This is to insure that their apps will work properly when used on the new iOS.
Well, I had other questions but this explained all of them. Thank you, sir :)