What's new

iOS 8

grabbit97

Reaction score
Any problems installing ios 8 onto an iPhone 5s ??

I have been told to MANUALLY BACK UP TO ITUNES THEN PLUG IPHONE IN AND install over WIFI.

Anyone do it this way??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any problems installing ios 8 onto an iPhone 5s ??

I have been told to MANUALLY BACK UP TO ITUNES THEN PLUG IPHONE IN AND install over WIFI.

Anyone do it this way??

Backing up your phone before updating the iOS is always a good idea. Updating via WiFi will require you to free up over 5gb of storage on your iPhone before you can start the update process. If you update through iTunes on your computer you won't have to free up all that storage space on your iPhone.

I updated my iPhone 5s to iOS 8 through iTunes on my computer. The update went smoothly and I never needed to use the backup I made but it was there in case of problems requiring a restore.

I have severL computers and if I backup to one I can't do it to others, is that correct? Therefore I cat install ios 8 using iTunes unless I backup to one computer.

In past I have manually backed up to a computer then can manually restore if need be

Yes, you should be using one computer to backup, update, restore or sync your device. The computer you use for your update should be the same computer you used for backing up your iPhone.

While you can do the update OTA, without a computer, you would have to back up to iCloud. You get 5gb of free storage in iCloud so if your backup size is larger than that, you'll have to purchase extra storage space.