What's new

ios 7.5 killed phone

steve w

Reaction score
Hi, I just downloaded ios 7.5 and it's killed my phone. No response to soft boot or normal boot. I've held down both buttons for 30 seconds and nothing, black screen, no response, can anyone help please?

There already ios 7.5? I though only 7.0.5...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is only up to 7.0.5 and 7.1 is in beta atm... where did you download this update from?

Maybe he just typed it wrong and meant iOS 7.0.5.

Yeah I just typed it wrong, thanks. There appears to be no cure apart from sending it back for a replacement.
The update was direct from Apple. It's under an O2 business contract so I have to get a replacement.

Thanks for replying guys.

is there any response when you plug in your phone to a charging source?

regardless DFU mode:

[h=3]Entering DFU Mode (Official Instructions)[/h]
  1. Plug your device into your computer.
  2. Turn off the device.
  3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds
  4. Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds
  5. Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button
  6. Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode

is there any response when you plug in your phone to a charging source?

regardless DFU mode:

Entering DFU Mode (Official Instructions)

1. Plug your device into your computer.
  2. Turn off the device.
  3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds
  4. Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds
  5. Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button
  6. Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode

Thanks so much, this worked! There was no response when plugging into a charging source but by plugging into the laptop to charge and trying your method above, the message came up that the recover boot driver was not installed. So by applying your method above I ended up being able to reboot the phone, restore factory settings first, then restore from back up. It took some time but it worked. Thanks again, very much appreciated. It was a work issue phone too so you've helped me out no end!
Have a virtual beer on me...

Thanks so much, this worked! There was no response when plugging into a charging source but by plugging into the laptop to charge and trying your method above, the message came up that the recover boot driver was not installed. So by applying your method above I ended up being able to reboot the phone, restore factory settings first, then restore from back up. It took some time but it worked. Thanks again, very much appreciated. It was a work issue phone too so you've helped me out no end!
Have a virtual beer on me...

I am glad! Dfu mode is very useful for instances like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for giving such news. it really helpful when iPhone get stucked or dead in this kind of situation