What's new

IOS 6 pros and cons

Atomsteelv22

Reaction score
Will someone please List all the advantages and disadvantages of IOS 6, especially on an IPhone 4S?

Atomsteelv22 said:
Will someone please List all the advantages and disadvantages of IOS 6, especially on an IPhone 4S?

There are over 200 new features available so I will not list them. You can look them up on the Internet. However one mans advantage is another's disadvantage so it would be an exercise in futility anyways.

One definite advantage that you will have is you'll be able to update to apps that need ios6, and those are just starting to show up.

One disadvantage:

Apple removed the "send a message" feature from the "Find My iPhone" app. All you can do now is send a sound. That's cool if you are just trying to find your phone that may be lost under your bed and on silent or something but if you lost your phone in public somewhere and someone found it, what is sending only a sound going to do for that person? "Hmm I found this phone but it keeps making this noise!!?!??"

One disadvantage:

Apple removed the "send a message" feature from the "Find My iPhone" app. All you can do now is send a sound. That's cool if you are just trying to find your phone that may be lost under your bed and on silent or something but if you lost your phone in public somewhere and someone found it, what is sending only a sound going to do for that person? "Hmm I found this phone but it keeps making this noise!!?!??"

That is incorrect. You now send the lock code, phone number to call and message all in one step. You can do it from either www.icloud.com or the Find My iPhone app.

Try actually doing it so you will see the new design.

Last edited:
The only disadvantage I can see is if you want to Jail Break your phone and that some of the apps in the store haven't updated to IOS-6 yet.

If your having issues with your update to IOS-6...take it to a Apple store and let the folks there redo your phone as a new device.

This eliminated all of the issues I was having and my 4s works great now.

Mac