What's new

iOS 6.1 Adoption Could be Fastest in History

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
10881-ios-6-1.JPG

AppleInsider writes today that following its launch on Monday, iOS 6.1 has already been downloaded by almost 22% of users, meaning that it is on track to be the fastest adopted iOS to date. The figures are courtesy of web content creation firm Onswipe, and cover the period from the iOS 6.1 launch on Monday until 3pm EST Wednesday, and reveal that 21.81% of the 13 million total iOS users have adopted the new OS. The figures, which were gathered from sites using Onswipe technology, show that the adoption rate started high, at 11.35% during the first 24 hours that the update was available, and remains at 16.92%. When broken down in terms of device, the iPhone came out on top with 23.92%, just ahead of the iPad, with 20.90%. AppleInsider explains that the overall figure of 21.81% adoption rate represents all iOS devices including the iPod touch.

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]iOS 6.1 sees 22% adoption in less than two days, could be fastest ever

I'd say the biggest reason we're seeing a huge jump to iOS 6.1... is the upcoming "evasi0n" Jailbreak that works w/ iOS 6.0 thru 6.1. You'll see many, many people leave the 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 Untethered JB's and go to 6.1. I see a 60%-70% adoption by the end of next week... if "evasi0n" is released Sunday as reported.

The reason we are seeing a large jump in iOS 6.1 updates is because the update badge shows up in settings and people follow it to the update instructions.....

It's no more complicated than that.

The reason we are seeing a large jump in iOS 6.1 updates is because the update badge shows up in settings and people follow it to the update instructions.....

I'll agree that's part of the already 22% adoption. For those that don't watch the Jailbreak scene, however... the upcoming JB may not be part of their mind set regarding such.

That option has been there since iOS 5.0
So apparently it's a little more complicated than your theory......

That option has been there since iOS 5.0
So apparently it's a little more complicated than your theory......

The difference is this time it appears the updates went out to virtually everyone immediately, and not over several weeks as in the past.

Our help desk has received hundreds of calls asking what to do. Typically these calls come in over a month or more. This time they arrived within days.

The difference is this time it appears the updates went out to virtually everyone immediately, and not over several weeks as in the past.

Our help desk has received hundreds of calls asking what to do. Typically these calls come in over a month or more. This time they arrived within days.

Meaning you're seeing it from only one angle... what people called you a out. Believe me... there's more to it than "simply" the iOS 6.1 update badge.

it depends on the user imo. those who are looking to jailbreak, and actually know about what the update does and decide if it benefits them. since we know theres a jb for 6.1, why not update?

and there are those who just update because its available. my dad the other day updated OTA cause he saw the badge and he said oh look a new update, cool. updates.