What's new

iOS 4.3 upgrade to 4.3.3/5.0

SyriX

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First off i'm a total n00b when it comes to iphone. So i have this iphone3gs with old bootrom and 6.15 baseband that runs iOS 4.3.0
I tryid to jb it but no luck, after using redsnow cydia wouldnt run, so tryid jbme.com. that worked and i got cydia working, after that i got ultrabreeze to take care of .. (no idea what but i read somewhere that i should do that to unlock it the phone(?)).

Ok so the problem is, when i reboot it i see the original apple logo, cydia works and i can't make phone call's. It says no networks available.
I read somewhere that i should upgrade to 4.3.3. But i don't know.. should i? And how do i upgrade to 4.3.3?? Isn't it better to go for 5.0?? Am i doing something wrong??

Thanks.

It's not possible to upgrade to 4.3.3 unless you have your 4.3.3 SHSH blobs saved. There's no possible way to upgrade to 5.0 at this time.

It's not possible to upgrade to 4.3.3 unless you have your 4.3.3 SHSH blobs saved. There's no possible way to upgrade to 5.0 at this time.

Hi, thanks for the reply. In the meantime i've upgraded to 5.0 with snowbreeze custom ipsw. So i'm running it now and cydia works. I run ultrasnoow to unlock te phone because i still have 'no network' error, but that didn't help.

Any ideas??

Last update: Nothing helped so i JB'd 5.0 again with redsnow and i followd this instructions i found on some site to solve the problem:

here's how i fixed the "no sim" problem of my 3gs (iOS 5.0 with bb 6.15):
1. connect the phone without a sim to pc and run iTunes, it should be in DFU mode
2.restore the phone in iTunes
3. after it's done, use redsnOw (i used 0.98b7), put it in DFU again to jailbreak
4. when you get to the options, check "install cydia", "install
[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]iPad[/FONT][/FONT]
baseband" and "de-activate phone"
5. wait til it is finished, when the phone boots, it will show "No Sim card", put the simcard in
6. activate the phone normally