What's new

IOS 11 presumed not to run 32 bit apps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roady900

Currently, in ios 10 I have a warning that certain apps "may slow down your phone." It goes on to tell you to reach out to the developer to update the app. I use certain home automation apps multiple times per day (One cost $150.00) and the developer no longer exists. I use this app (iLinx) multiple times per day.
Is there a way to prevent ios updates permanently? I know about managing space and constantly deleting the auto downloaded ios update. APPLE, unless you plan to reimburse me for apps that YOU are making incompatible, please give us an opt out option!!!!!!

There's no way to permanently block iOS updates from appearing. All you can do is what you mentioned. BTW, it's not the fault of Apple that the developer abandoned the app and never updated it. App developers have known this was coming for over 2 years.
Have you considered other home automation apps such as the built in Home app?

Last edited:
And by bypassing IOS updates you do no get bug fixes or malware defenses.

And by bypassing IOS updates you do no get bug fixes or malware defenses.
That's why Apple has designed the update process the way they have. They prefer that as many users as possible are using the latest iOS version their device will run.

Found a solution (at least until May of 2019). Install tvOS beta profile on iphone. If interested:EDITED
On a side note, I am in IT and very aware of the "dangers" of not updating all the time as well as the benefits to waiting until the time is right. As an adult and a consumer companies should put the power of choice in our hands. Microsoft seems to be coming around to this idea with the Creator's Update.
BTW I do use the home app from apple to control lutron lights, but Home will never control my older $20k+ audiophile equipment (market is too limited for Apple to pursue) or the $2k+ Security system. I am not going to spend Thousands to replace that stuff to get lower quality stuff to work with Apple..

Last edited by a moderator:
I've removed the link in your post as our rules do not allow the posting of links to obtain beta software.

4.4. Forum staff will delete links to upgrades for BETA software. User will receive one warning. A second warning will result in a suspension of your account.
In addition, a third party has modified that beta link and is using a probably stolen Apple Enterprise Certificate to enable that modified software to be installed on your iPhone, which could cause unintended problems with your iPhone.

Please cancel my account. You are obviously a waste of space and not interested in helping people with their concerns - only your own agenda.

Please cancel my account. You are obviously a waste of space and not interested in helping people with their concerns - only your own agenda.

You are rude and in my opinion not knowing what you talk about.
These people here is doing a great job helping others with issues and there are rules in every forum that all must follow.
I don't understand how you can say this about someone being a waste of space.
You can erase your own account or stop reading or writing here because I don't think anyone like what you just wrote.
In this forum everyone treats other people with respect and are nice to each other.
I like that.

This is a pretty severe response to having a link removed (iaw the Forum rules btw) with the accompanied rule portion for clarification. Being an IT person you must realize why rules are in place and I am sure you don't let your users just break them at their pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.