What's new

iOS 11 iPhone Problems, Issues and Bug Reports!

My phone no longer voices directions from Apple Maps or Google maps through Bluetooth to my car radio.

The power button won't shut down my phone about 60% of the time, but starts it up every time

I know this is iPhone forum and for bugs and stuff but l can’t help wonder if Apple rushed iOS 11 to please owners of its products.
And this mess is the result of that, it’s all very well having lovely new apps and stuff, but what the use when they don’t work correctly, batteries going flat and all this.

It will get sorted out, but l don’t wish to be a Beta tester for Apple

I am Beta tester, and I never had the problems I find on this forum. Except for a few minor bugs, everything was working without problems. No battery drain, no problems with Wi-Fi...

As you mentioned:
Those without problems will not go to an online forum and ask for help. You find posts of members with problems, mostly. That will certainly distort the impression of the software and it’s bugs.
The vast majority of iPhone users on iOS 11 doesn’t have problems, so they won’t post here.

I tend to agree with J.A. A couple of days after the public release I happened to talk to someone who told me that she had been using the beta and had had no problems with battery life. She also mentioned that she's a heavy user, so she probably would have noticed battery life issues. I don't doubt the people who say that they have had battery life problems - I had some too right after the release. But it's true that it's the ones that have the ongoing problems that you hear from. As a percentage of people using iOS 11 those people are probably pretty few. Nonetheless, it's an issue that needs to be addressed.

As a percentage, does not mean a thing. How many owners use this forum AS a percentage who knows? This is just one forum it may be one of the biggest for all l know. Some of you people can solve the problems yourselves, other owners can’t and rely on Apple to supply them with first class quality products that function that work.
First Time.
Maybe l’m angry, sorry, something has gone big time wrong for me, but l will get it sorted. Life doesn’t end.
But l will wait for iOS 11.5 thanks

I am Beta tester, and I never had the problems I find on this forum. Except for a few minor bugs, everything was working without problems. No battery drain, no problems with Wi-Fi...

As you mentioned:
Those without problems will not go to an online forum and ask for help. You find posts of members with problems, mostly. That will certainly distort the impression of the software and it’s bugs.
The vast majority of iPhone users on iOS 11 doesn’t have problems, so they won’t post here.
I haven’t had any problems and I am posting here.;)
I’ve been running beta releases on iPads and iPhones for over 5 years with almost no problems. The worst that ever happened was excessive battery drain a few times. When that happens to my iPhone I just put it in my Mophie battery case.

Not sure if I mentioned this, but my phone no longer automatically connects to my trucks radio, I have to manually connect and it will just drop the Bluetooth connection even in the middle of calls.

My battery issues have disappeared, but my sound is hit or miss. Sometimes it works fine, and sometimes not at all, and when it's not working, nothing works. No video sound, no alarm sound, no ringer or alert sound, won't play music, etc. I mean,it'll play music, but no sound is coming out. Today is one of those days where there's no sound. Yesterday there was sound.