What's new

iOS 11 Beta's

hewjr100

Reaction score
I guess I will start a thread for iOS 11 beta's, unless there is one already. Yesterday I enrolled my 6s to iOS 11 beta, but instead of getting beta 4 it downloaded beta 3. Has anyone tried iOS 11 beta, and what version did you get.

I unenrolled from beta today, will wait for beta 4 or 5.

Henry

There's no iOS 11 Beta thread yet.

It looks like you are on Public beta, which had an update to the third version recently. Developer beta users are on version 4.

Reactions: 933
Hmm I guess I misread the info about beta. Thanks for clearing that up.

Henry

While the public beta is free, the developer beta requires a paid developer account.

So I downloaded and installed the iOS11 GM onto my iPhone 7 and find that Apple Maps is no longer working. When I tap on the Maps icon the screen goes white for something less than a second and then it reverts back to the screen where the Maps icon is located. I tried a hard reset but that didn't help. Just curious if anyone else has seen this problem. So far that is the only issue I've found with iOS11 and I did submit feedback about this to Apple.

Apple Maps is working without problems on my iPhone SE and iPad Pro, both updated to iOS 11 GM.
Will try removing and reinstalling the app and see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Update: I tried removing and reinstalling the app to no avail, still does the same thing. Oh well, I'm sure Apple will get it straightened out at some point. At the worst, I still have 13 months left on my AppleCare+

Last edited:
I've been playing with the QR code scanner built into the camera app and find that it is rather limited by the physical size of the QR code. A QR code with name, address, and Phone number that's smaller than 1 inch probably won't get read. The QR Scanner app I have in my phone reliably reads the same code as small as 3/8 of an inch. So trying to use a QR code on say a business card, is beyond the camera's scanner capabilities. A simpler QR code with say a web address only would probably be read more easily. For the physically smaller codes I'll stay with the third party app for now.

I came up with another admittedly minor annoyance from iOS11. I had my phone set to display the RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indication) numerical value rather than the signal strength bars or dots in the upper left corner of the screen and apparently that is no longer doable in iOS 11. Oh well.

Last edited:
I’ve found another odd quirk with iOS11.
I use RuneAudio player on a Raspberry Pi with a 256GB memory stick as a music player. After installing iOS11 all the control button graphics (play, pause, stop etc.) on the web UI interface have each been replaced by a button showing only a small hollow square. This makes using the player quite difficult. The buttons still perform the proper functions when tapped but unless I can remember what button is located where I have a hard time using the player. I did report this to Apple via the beta feedback app. The web UI interface works properly on my wife’s iPhone 6 and my ipad3 so I’m sure that somehow the problem is iOS11. Fingers crossed.

I’ve found another odd quirk with iOS11.
I use RuneAudio player on a Raspberry Pi with a 256GB memory stick as a music player. After installing iOS11 all the control button graphics (play, pause, stop etc.) on the web UI interface have each been replaced by a button showing only a small hollow square. This makes using the player quite difficult. The buttons still perform the proper functions when tapped but unless I can remember what button is located where I have a hard time using the player. I did report this to Apple via the beta feedback app. The web UI interface works properly on my wife’s iPhone 6 and my ipad3 so I’m sure that somehow the problem is iOS11. Fingers crossed.
The problem is more likely with the player than with iOS 11. The RuneAudio player developers are going to have to update their player to be fully compatible with iOS 11.

I was afraid that might be the case although I would think that with the millions of webpages out there on the web that there would be other pages that have a similar issue with iOS11and I have found none yet. I will however notify the program’s developer of the issue and see what they say. I will report back if and when a solution is found. Thanks for the input.