What's new

iOS 11.0.1 Patch Released to Improve iOS 11 Performance

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 11.0.1 update released to fix bugs.JPG

Macworld reports that Apple has today released iOS 11.0.1, which is a typical post-release update that features various “bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone and iPad” to quote Apple’s release notes.

While Apple did not mention any specific bugs that the update fixes, Ars Technica reports that the Exchange e-mail server bug that affected users of Outlook.com, Office 365, and some other users, has been fixed by the update. The widely reported battery drain issues with phones older than the newly released iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus also seem to have been addressed in the patch, although Apple makes no mention of this in its notes.

However, Ars Technica adds that some of the other reported iOS 11 bugs, such as the way in which Control Center Bluetooth and Wi-Fi buttons only disable current connections and do not turn off the features altogether, will not be fixed in the update, although Apple will be patching this issue very soon, apparently, just not this time.

Sources: Apple releases iOS 11.0.1 software update to improve iOS 11 performance

Apple’s iOS 11.0.1 update addresses Exchange e-mail server issue

Doing this as soon as I get home. Really hoping it fixes the battery drain. My phone is currently at 40%, and it was 100% when I woke up this morning. Before update, I'd be at least 80% by this time of day. The drain on my phone is really bad.

I installed it now on my iPhone 7 but I haven’t had a noticeable change in battery drain after going up to iOS 11.
I think also we all are using our phones more to find new functions and settings after a update.
I think we don’t think so much about it and think we use it as we normally do.
Then we wonder where all power in our battery went. [emoji6]
But hope this update helps if its the iOS 11 that gives some of us issues with battery drain.

Updating now. Good start to all those pesky bits that need fixin

I removed Public Beta profile and installed this latest version.
Think I will install Beta profile again today [emoji1360]

Patch didn't improve my phone at all. It actually made it worse. I have more problems now, and my battery drain is even worse. Geeze.

I had to live with with excess battery drain long before iOS 11 as some of you might remember.

IMG_2217.JPG

IMG_2220.JPG

On the right iPhone 7 both fully charged and not touched.
See the difference in battery drain.
All the settings were identical.

It's worth looking at the numerous articles on reducing battery drain in iOS 11. Turning off background app refresh for apps you don't use a lot and Siri Search and Suggestions for apps that are duplicated with third party apps. Lastly don't forget Low Power Mode. This can be quickly accessed from Control Centre.

It's worth looking at the numerous articles on reducing battery drain in iOS 11. Turning off background app refresh for apps you don't use a lot and Siri Search and Suggestions for apps that are duplicated with third party apps. Lastly don't forget Low Power Mode. This can be quickly accessed from Control Centre.
I checked all my background refresh apps. All are turned off. I'll give it a few days and see if it rights itself. My battery drain is pretty dramatic though. Went from last 2 days with a little left to barely making it through one shift at work. As soon as I get home I have to throw it on the charger.

I finally got iOS 11 installed on my 6 and and it definitely slowed things down :( Love the new graphics though!