What's new

iOS 10 features

KevinJS and I have been experimenting with collaboration in Notes and it works just as advertised, with handoff letting us use a wide range of devices to continue the collaboration. I tried 2 MacBook Pros, an iPad Pro and an iPhone 6 Plus in the experiment.

We also learned that when the originator of the collaboration stops the sharing, the collaborated note disappears from the devices used by the people sharing with the originator.

Last edited:
It seems that the space bar no longer returns the keyboard to alpha entry when pressed on the numeric/symbol keyboard.

It seems that the space bar no longer returns the keyboard to alpha entry when pressed on the numeric/symbol keyboard.
It does on my iPad 4 if you type more than one digit before tapping the space bar.

Does an incoming call wake the iPhone up? Or do you have press the Home Button to see the Accept/Decline buttons? Maybe I should leave Raise to Wake on. Thanks for any advice ahead of my downloading IOS 10.

An incoming call shows the Accept/Decline buttons, so you can make the call without pressing the Home button.

Have you enabled Raise to Wake? In the new IOS 10 Manual, it says that if the phone is locked and there is an incoming call you have to press the Home Button.

Have you enabled Raise to Wake? In the new IOS 10 Manual, it says that if the phone is locked and there is an incoming call you have to press the Home Button.
Yes, I have enabled Raise to Wake.

I disabled it and asked my daughter to call me. You don't need the Home button without it. You get the slider (slide to answer) to accept the phone call.

Thank you! So it is similar to IOS9 in that respect then.

Has anyone tried to change the auto lock time setting iOS 10
It used to simple,but has it been moved somewhere?

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.