What's new

Introduction

What might be the problem?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wilton

Reaction score
Let's start over. My name is Wilton. I use an iPhone 5 or 5s, I don't know how to tell the difference. I'm not ignorant, I am tech savvy, but not an expert.Today my phone started garbling, skewing, tearing the screen. Shaky video, on all screens. What gives? Is it repairable.

Welcome to iPhoneForms Wilton. Have you tried a reset ( hold the power and home buttons down simultaneously until the Apple screen appears and then release), see if that works.

Welcome to iPhoneForms Wilton. Have you tried a reset ( hold the power and home buttons down simultaneously until the Apple screen appears and then release), see if that works.
Yes just tried that several times from a cold reboot to and active reboot.No improvement. The failure seems to be related to the touch screen. Wiggles when I swipe the screen. Not always tho'. Thanks.

I would call Apple (8002752273) or make a Genius Bar appointment

I cannot correlate what triggers the wiggle. I'll keep working with it thanks for the suggestion. This restart did help. some.

Try restoring a back up (if you have any) from your iTunes library

Romeo here... New 2 this forum & an iphone 5 & ipad 3 user.... Does the apple watch need a ph to work or can the device operate on its own?

Romeo

Two questions, two answers.

First, sounds like a hardware problem. I'm sure it is repairable, but I hope you have AppleCare because it might be expensive. Next step is taking it into the nearest Apple Store.

Second, the Apple watch requires an iPhone to work, for the most part. It can operate without one for certain activities, but really needs the phone to work well. The iPhone 5 will work with it, though.

Sean

Hello and welcome to the forum - hopefully you are able to find some resolution to your issue.