What's new

Interference

ultra1984

Reaction score
Hi my daughter has an I-phone 7 and when she is in the house all the TVs in the house has interference on them. Crackling and inference with the picture. There are another 3 I-phones in the house but it is only her's that causes the problems. Any ideas what could be causing this.

Shielding or grounding issue? Has her phone ever been repaired outside of an Apple Store?

No. It also happened with the I-phone 6 she had before the i-phone 7. Neither was repaired for any reason. When she upgraded to I-phone 7 she changed the provider as well.

Welcome to iPhone Forums, ultra1984!

The other, identical thread, has been removed. If you wish to get better solutions for a problem, post it once. A second thread might also be confusing for others. Please keep the discussion of your issue to this thread only.

Thank you. I had not realised it had posted twice sorry.

If she comes in without her iPhone do you get the problem then?

No but as soon as she pulls up on the drive I know she is home because of the interference on the tv. :(

I can only suggest it’s the network she’s on.
If she has mobile data and WiFi you could try turning them off one at a time to see if that makes any difference.
If it doesn’t try turning the iPhone off completely.
Or resetting it by holding the volume down button and the off switch until the Apple is shown and releasing them both together and waiting for it to restart.
Make sure she has her iCloud login details if you do this.

I can only suggest it’s the network she’s on.
If she has mobile data and WiFi you could try turning them off one at a time to see if that makes any difference.
If it doesn’t try turning the iPhone off completely.
Or resetting it by holding the volume down button and the off switch until the Apple is shown and releasing them both together and waiting for it to restart.
Make sure she has her iCloud login details if you do this.

Someone with more knowledge than me will no doubt be along soon to help

Thank you for your advice. When she changed her phone she changed her network. I was so pleased when she changed her phone and network I thought it would stop. The only difference is the other three phones in the house is i-phone 4 and 2 I-phone 5's.

I will try getting her to turn her wifi off and then her mobile data and see what happens.

Sorry just realised it does happened when she is using the wifi. Sending texts,messages or receiving e-mails.

I can’t understand why it has happened with the same person, different iPhones and different providers. At home she is using the home WiFi? As far as I can work out. The mobile data should not make any difference, l would not have thought.

Are any of your iPhone 5s on iOS 11

Yes she is using the home wifi as we all do. We have even changed broadband provider a couple of days ago. Not because of this problem.

This is fun, the problem can only be as far l can work out, bearing in mind that l do not have a college degree [emoji38] in iPhones.
The mobile data is somehow causing this, so try turning this off first. Before she comes home and see if you can still notice when she arrives home.
If that doesn’t solve it and one of your iPhone 5s models is on iOS 11 you could swap the SIM card to see if the problem swaps also.
Please don’t forget about resetting the iPhone it may solve this issue.