What's new

"install iPad baseband" option not showing?

Phenith

Reaction score
I have tried a couple of times to install the new baseband on an iPhone 4 with 4.2.1, I follow the tutorial, but the option to install the iPad baseband never comes up for me when it should. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

why would you want to install the ipad baseband?

To unlock the iPhone. However, Phenith, I would wait until 4.3 comes out. Pretty sure there will be an unlock for it. If you update to the iPad baseband, there is no going back even if you restore your phone. If you were to have any problems and need to bring it to Apple, they will know the phone was JB'd and will not help you at all. The iPad baseband is 6.x and iPhones are only at 4.2.1.

iPad basband doesn't work for iPhone 4

@bruceleroy, I think your mixing up baseband with firmware. iPad is on same firmware as iPhone (4.2.1) but the baseband is higher...

iPad basband doesn't work for iPhone 4

@bruceleroy, I think your mixing up baseband with firmware. iPad is on same firmware as iPhone (4.2.1) but the baseband is higher...

I am referring to the iPad baseband. You can upgrade your iPhone to it and unlock your phone but there are a lot of risks involved.

Dev-Team Blog