What's new

Incomplete backup help

michelle

Reaction score
I have a headache, so please be kind in your responses!

hi, i rebuilt my pc a couple of weeks and didnt backup my phone. i had a problem with my phone last night and tried a backup for hte first time, but it would not complete. i restore my phone to factory setting but i have lost all contacts, messages, everything. is there any way i can get this data out of the incomplete backup file??
apart from banging my head on a brick wall?
copied all the files from the incomplete backup to a new backup file.
copied manifests and .mdbx (or whatever they are) to the old incomplete backup file
even if i could just see the data in a text format, that would be well handy!

I'm afraid to say that if you don't backup your iTunes folder before you re-work your computer then you are out of luck.

Am saying something that rhymes with luck!!

Right, so although I have the files there, there is no way to be able to get these into a human readable format?

I am asuming incomplete as no manifest of mdbs (?). There are in the region of 1300 .FILE files.

Cant read the data in them when I try to open with notepad or the likes

I think the only way to read mdbs files will be with Microsoft Access or a similar database program. There is no way to tell what's in the file unless you can try to open it.

sorry, its mbdb for the manifest files so it wont be access format.

the manifest files were not created with the backup, so it is just the .file formats i have first.