What's new

Inbox Empties without notice after 5.0.1 update HELP (CHARTER EMAIL)

BillBrandt

Reaction score
I've done at least the following to correct;

1. Deleted account and made new
2. Under mail setting I've changed from "Show 50" to every option
3. Tried to add other incoming and outgoing servers. mobile.charter.net for both is the only one that works.

Mail on my PC stays ok.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Bill

Have you found anything out about this yet? My 1 week old iPhone 4S just started doing that today as well. I didn't change anything.
Thanks
Ken

Have you found anything out about this yet? My 1 week old iPhone 4S just started doing that today as well. I didn't change anything.
Thanks
Ken

Ken,

I figured out the solution...Here is what I figured out;

I am assuming you use Outlook on your PC for mail like I do.

After updating my Iphone to 5.0.1 it somehow changed the protocol within the Iphone email to IMAP. Prior to update it was STMP protocol. Don't ask me what they both mean but one seems to have more security built in than the other.

Well, my PC was STMP protocol.

I couldn't change the Iphone but I could setup a new IMAP account on my PC using my existing email account.

To do so I wrote down the settings under "change" which is under "tools" in Outlook.

When I started setting up the new account I checked the box to manually input details of the account. This allowed me to choose IMAP as part of a dropdown.

Once completed I tested and it sent a test message successfully and I was done.

Now, interestingly enough, with my PC email open and opening my Iphone email changes such as reading, moving or deleting emails instantly updates the other.

I hope this helps, I was going nuts.

Bill