What's new

IMPROVED iphone 4?

gateux

Reaction score
Taking all of the iphone 4's disappointing issues into consideration,i.e fragile build quality namely GLASS.SOME related signal issues,and the freedom of cydia built into ios4 without a jailbreak. Now imagine these are fixes we can expect for most of us,fingers crossed, on the anticipated june 2011 model yet to be named (iphone???).

What my question is to all iphone 4 owners, if they could foresee these fixes being done on the next model, would you have waited spending big money now and gone straight for the iphone 5?

I suppose you could call this a question that could arise in the future on these threads!!!!!! I'd love to hear feed back

Taking all of the iphone 4's disappointing issues into consideration,i.e fragile build quality namely GLASS.SOME related signal issues,and the freedom of cydia built into ios4 without a jailbreak. Now imagine these are fixes we can expect for most of us,fingers crossed, on the anticipated june 2011 model yet to be named (iphone???).

What my question is to all iphone 4 owners, if they could foresee these fixes being done on the next model, would you have waited spending big money now and gone straight for the iphone 5?

I suppose you could call this a question that could arise in the future on these threads!!!!!! I'd love to hear feed back

First off cydia will NEVER be officially allowed on the iPhone... The biggest reason being most users don't want to deal with the complexities & that's what has propelled the phones sales. Second I have really enjoyed watching the "signal issue" as the media takes a swing at apple... But now... Who's complaining...? Well... Not many and apple isn't even giving them free cases anymore. Lastly the outward design will more than likely stay the same into the iPhone5.. The glass is a nice touch and if your afraid of braking it... Buy a case... So all in all I think my money was well spent!

No I wouldn't wait. And the iPhone 4 is pretty sweet as it is. I would imagine some updates like the op says. Cydia won't be included tho forget about that. Nah tho I can now wait for the gen 6 which I would guess will be next level.

instead of allowing cydia apple would just say we accept any app in the app store

instead of allowing cydia apple would just say we accept any app in the app store

Yea, that would totally ruin the app store too.... :(

it would because so many people would put a tone of crap on there, apple will never make such a move but if they did they should just check the apps make sure they work and they dont harm your iphone then allow it on like winterboard and themes and so on... so the iphone users are kept safe from crappy files and ppl get what they want so some files would still not make it but only ones that dont work or do harm to your iphone.

all of which will never happen in a millon years apple are too stubborn and if they give in now they are showing that they lost the battle against the jailbreakers the cat and mouse game, make apple look bad

I totally agree with Danny it is the best iPhone yet. In Australia we have had no real complaints about antenna issues or wifi issues most people I know purchase cases I know more than 100 users and that is not inc customers whom come in to the computer retailer ( similar to ) best buy where I work every day. Every one loves the phone and with exception of one non have jail broken their phones. We donot have AT&T network one can buy outright and pick what ever net work they want. Just some input from down under

well whatver apple did today didn't help much. i sync'd my iphone 4 to itunes....and now deleting individual texts is no longer possible. seriously...wtf.

Yeah the iPhone 4 isn't too disappointing. I actually like the glass
because it's pretty impossible to scratch unlike plastic. It's breakable
but nothing a case a little care shouldn't take care of.
Well maybe Apple could sell iPhones in more colors other than black so
that my phone doesn't look like everyone else's.