What's new

Imessage

swtguyana24

Reaction score
I am having problems with IMessage, I don't recieve messages sent from an iPhone to my actual number. The person with an iPhone texting me has to send it to my email address in order for me to recieve it. Can someone tell me why an how to fix it please? Thank you!

Settings -> messages -> receive at-> make sure your phone number is selected

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I did the whole settings thing, but my Phone number is gray, cant click on it and my email is highlighted and when I click on it, it's asking if I want to delete the address and when I try to click on it, it wont let me

Delete the mail accounts that's on your phone.

I'm having the same issue and it will not let me delete my email account or highlight my phone number. People are receiving my text messages from my email account associated with my apple ID

So what...What's the big deal any way. Suppose to use your email address any way. When I iMessage my friends with iPhones, I get there name, and there email is under it. Whats the big deal???lol At least then i know its messaging through iMessage instead of my carrier.lol

You need to sign out of your apple id. That is the way I fixed it. And also it isnt a big deal and plus iMessage is still thru your carrier. It is still counted as text messages just thru iMessage lol if you look at how much text you send and you send it thru Imdssage it would still be counted in the how much text you send

swtguyana24 said:
You need to sign out of your apple id. That is the way I fixed it. And also it isnt a big deal and plus iMessage is still thru your carrier. It is still counted as text messages just thru iMessage lol if you look at how much text you send and you send it thru Imdssage it would still be counted in the how much text you send

That makes no sense...if your carrier is charging you txt for iMessage...they cannot do that.

iMessage is NOT suppose to show as a regular txt. That defeats the entire purpose of iMessage. You do realize that rite?

Wrong!!!

Well on sprint, they count everyting! :/ that's why I don't like them:/

swtguyana24 said:

That messed up....and they are not allowed to do that. You need to contact them immediately. I would be raising he**.lol.

If no other carrier does it, then why should Sprint?

Or perhaps it's a mistake in some way. Either way, I would contact Sprint and ask them why they are charging you for iMessage as a regular txt message. That is post worthy against Sprint.lol seriously.

swtguyana24 said:

My iMessages don't count as SMS messages on Sprint as long as the bubble is blue then it's not counted against your messaging limit. If it turns green then it is.

That's just not true. I have sprint and I don't get charged for my text when using imessage. If someone is then they have their settings incorrect.

You may be getting charged for what you think is iMessage in what I mean is sometimes even though it may show up as iMessage in beginning it ends up sending as a regular text. So that could be why you may believe you are getting charged extra for because I am not getting charged any different for using iMessage.