What's new

imessage notification wont go away

Skandlus

Reaction score
My wife has an Ip6 and for some reason the imessage notification constantly says she has 2 unread messages... But its only from my texts... We backed up the phone, erased/wiped her phone & reloaded her stuff back on, mainly because thats probably what the AppleStore people are going to say. That didnt work, any suggestions?

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Skandlus!

Send her another message. When she receives it, she should try removing the other messages that are causing the problem before reading/opening your message.

Hope that helps.

Thank you!!! Great forum

Now... I tried youre suggestions.

There are no unread texts, but the imessage icon on the background says 2 in red.

She opens the text app( iphones app)

A list of all threads appear

My name has 2 unread texts

We open the thread

Scroll thru dozens of texts on the thread

Back out to home page

Close all open apps, yet theres still a red 2 in the text icon, they say they are from me

Go!

Is it possible that she can look at the thread on another device - an iPad or a Mac? It's possible that messages were not delivered, thus the badge. She'll probably find them when she uses another device.
Either it was something sent by her, or messages you sent to her. Maybe they are visible on a device other than her iPhone.

You could also try turning off "Badge app icon" in Settings - Notifications - Messages, then reset the iPhone (press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, then let go of both and wait until the iPhone powers up on it's own) and turn on the feature afterwards.

Last edited: