What's new

iMessage is not working

eulieza

Reaction score
I've just updated ios 5 to my 4G, but my iMessage is not working..Does anybody know why?..tks

eddieg said:
Do you have it turned on? Are you trying to imessage somebody with an iphone thats running IOS5?

Yes, I tried to text with my friends who already turned on iMessage, d u hv any idea why?tks

So you went into settings>messages and turned on imessage? When your friend sends you an i message its coming through as a green text?

eddieg said:
So you went into settings>messages and turned on imessage? When your friend sends you an i message its coming through as a green text?

Yes, that it supposed to be blue as iMessage, mine is not working

eddieg said:
Are you sure your friends imessage is working?

Yes, i saw my friends signed blue in my contact lists

Normaly, if iMessage already activated when u wanna send messg all of your contact who has iMessage will have blue icon.

Blue icon where? Are you talking about in the message app or in your contact list?

He's talking about the send button in the SMS app which turn into blue if the message will be going out as iMessage or green if the message will be going out as a SMS.

Yes, i saw my friends signed blue in my contact lists

How could you possibly see your friends contact turn into blue in your contact list on your iPhone?
To be able to use iMessage on your iPhone you need to turn it on in settings> messages> iMessage ON/
Also you need to have either a wifi connection or a 3G/ EDGE/ or GPRS Internet connection, same to your contacts in order to make iMessage.

If you are sharing the same wifi, it won't work !!
It's not like what's app that can work on the same wifi...

That's interesting, we have tried this at work and it definitely would not work,
Couple of posts have been on here saying the same since os5 came out