What's new

Image Capture Problem

sleepywagon627

Reaction score
Ever since I updated with 5.0.1 on my 4S Image capture on my macbook crashes. It will not crash with other image capture use, only when connected to the iPhone and I try to transfer the images. Anyone run into this problem?

Also I'm on 10.5.8 on my mac. I don't know what's happening and this is causing me a lot of trouble. At the very least, does anyone know a third party program I can use to get the photos and videos off my phone?

Yes, iFunBox and it's free! I'm running Lion on my MBP and it works very well.

I just opened iFunBox connected my phone and was abel to access the data.

Are you sure you have the Mac version and not PC?

Indeed. It won't read the phone properly. I tried it on my other Mac with the same results which leads me to believe that the problem is the software on the phone. It worked without a problem before the 5.0.1 update. I would just do a reset, but then I would lose everything I have on the phone which defeats the entire purpose of what I'm trying to do haha

The other weird thing too is that I can no longer send a crash report to apple.

iFunBox won't even launch without the phone connected. I'm starting to get really annoyed at this because I have to be able to pull photos and short of emailing everything to myself there's no way to do it.

I wonder if Apple is just trying to Nazi me into buying Lion. But to do that I have to buy Snow Leopard too. And since I have two Macs, that means two family copies, which means like $100+ to do this.

I'm stumped! When I first installed iFunBox, I had Snow Leopard installed. Last week, I purchased and upgraded to Lion. Both worked with iFunBox. I have an older iMac that has Leopard. I've not tried the iMac.

If you were jail broken you could try SSH.

I'm about to JB just so I can get to my stuff haha I'm about to freak out. But then again to do so I have to wipe the phone, which won't help me at all.

Last edited:
If you live close to an Apple store make an appointment with the Genius Bar and ask them to locate your photos/videos.

If you have issues with the OS they can replace.

If you live close to an Apple store make an appointment with the Genius Bar and ask them to locate your photos/videos.

If you have issues with the OS they can replace.

I may have to try that, but unfortunately the closest Genius Bar is pretty far away. Don't they charge you as well?