What's new

i'm new...please help me...

alx88

Reaction score
hello i'm a new user iphone
i've iphone 3GS 8GB,i buy from provider in my country
iphone model MC637ID

is mw iphone Software Unlock or Factory Unlock
if that SU, so please give me instruction in use....

hello i'm a new user iphone i've iphone 3GS 8GB,i buy from provider in my country iphone model MC637ID is mw iphone Software Unlock or Factory Unlock if that SU, so please give me instruction in use....
What iOS version and Baseband are you on?

i just find out,
i check in Apple Carrier my iphone model not there...
sorry my baseband 05.16.05

i just find out,i check in Apple Carrier my iphone model not there...sorry my baseband 05.16.05
If there isn't a carrier name... then chances are it's factory unlocked. Have you tried putting a sim in it?

i had input from the provider's sim card itself,a good signal
but if i switch to another sim card,it just no service or looking.

i had input from the provider's sim card itself,a good signal but if i switch to another sim card,it just no service or looking.
Well... then perhaps it's not unlocked. The only way to unlock the 5.16.05 Baseband on the 3GS is to install the iPad Baseband, 6.15.00. However, the iPad BB is only compatible w/ 3GS' made before week 35 of 2011. You'll need to look at the serial # of yours to find that out.

ok sir, thank you very much for the information other times if there is a problem I'll ask you again..
😃

ok sir, thank you very much for the information other times if there is a problem I'll ask you again..😃
Very welcome!! Did you want any information on how to get the manufacture date from the serial #?

Thomasjtsi said:
Very welcome!! Did you want any information on how to get the manufacture date from the serial #?

yes,i'm still new to iphone
not much i know...
can you tell me ????

You check the 3rd, 4th and 5th digits of your serial number. The 3rd digit is the year(i.e. if it was an "8" then your phone was manufactured in 2008). The 4th and 5th digits are the week of that year in which it was manufactured(if the 4th digit is a "3" and the 5th digit is a "5" then your iPhone was manufactured in the 35th week).

Thomasjtsi said:
You check the 3rd, 4th and 5th digits of your serial number. The 3rd digit is the year(i.e. if it was an "8" then your phone was manufactured in 2008). The 4th and 5th digits are the week of that year in which it was manufactured(if the 4th digit is a "3" and the 5th digit is a "5" then your iPhone was manufactured in the 35th week).

ok, i'll check it...

Thomasjtsi said:

My 3,4,5 digits are PH9.Iphone 4s.what does that mean regarding manufacture?