iLEX RAT: How To?

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Applications & Tweaks' started by triple_illusion, Aug 24, 2014.

1. triple_illusion

triple_illusion Member

I have been trying several Cydia applications in an effort to fine tune my jailbroken iPhone 4S 64GB ios 6.0.1. with evasi0n, and now have a sluggish phone. I am aware that overloading with too many tweaks is known to slow it down. I have tried many tweaks, those that did not work were deleted. I have noticed that some tweaks seem to add additional features that one does not necessarily want.

So I am looking to use iLEX RAT to clear up this issue.

1. If iLEX RAT removes all Cydia tweaks, is there any way to get ones I purchased back again without repurchasing?

2. If I run iLEX RAT, can I reinstall all my normal data like contacts, messages, photos, etc. via an iTunes back up?
  2. willerz2

willerz2 Super Moderator Staff Member

Short answer: Yes and yes.

Lengthier answer:

1) All paid tweaks are logged with your unique Cydia ID, so all you have to do is log back into your Cydia account, and a list of all purchased tweaks will be listed out and available for you to download again, so you won't have to buy them again. All Cydia purchases are one-time.

2) Jailbreaking does not hinder your stock abilities such as backing up and restoring data via iTunes and the everything else that you can do on a stock device.
  3. triple_illusion

triple_illusion Member

ok my phone is running poorly, too many things keep crashing, time to start fresh. i want to remove all tweaks without losing any contacts or messages etc, what steps must i follow?
  4. willerz2

willerz2 Super Moderator Staff Member

If it's just messages, contacts, etc, just backup using iTunes, then restore fresh to 7.1.2 via DFU restore, then re-jailbreak. That's a fresher start than using ILEX RAT or SemiRestore.