What's new

icloud broadband ???

zaitmi

Reaction score
Hey i guys i have iphone 4 and win 7 i want to use ios5. do i need broadband internet on my pc?

i DONT have broadband on my pc as i connect net through my mobile but will it work for icloud?

i am also scared reg. calendar in outlook 2007 sync as many ppl are facing problems with that.

Awaiting for replies?

Thanks in Advance.

you probably would need a faster connection to download the update as the file is 800mb

thanks bro, but i have already downloaded the ios5 firmware for iphone4 from iclarified (from some other friend PC). Do i still need broadband after installing it on my phone for daily use or mobile net connection will be fine for daily use like accessing icloud.

Do u need bband for accessing icloud or mobile net connection would be fine?

i can install the ios5 by pressing shift on itunes10.5.

well 3G data connections are very restricted so you would be limited on what you can do such as downloading files over 20mb or using facetime you would need a wifi connection for many services as well as icloud.

well 3G data connections are very restricted so you would be limited on what you can do such as downloading files over 20mb or using facetime you would need a wifi connection for many services as well as icloud.
Well thanks for the quick reply. I can dload 20mb files from my office that wont be a problem, also i dont use facetime as i dont have 3g just a normal gprs net connection. But do i really need wifi for icloud? Till date i am happy with my normal gprs connection. Will it work for ios5?

I would not count on using gprs for icloud at all that connection is way too slow to do anything

Thanks a lot for ur help to me:)Ok, fine i will try to get 3G connection for my iphone4, but do i need icloud for my calendar reminders as earlier i used to sync with outlook 2007 from itunes, can i continue to sync with that after upgrading to ios5?

I would not rely on a 3G connection either as you will find a lot of restrictions but if none of them will get in your way then 3G should be the way to go if you can get a decent amount of mbs per month

zaitme, the recommendations by Unleashed are dead on: 3G cellular connections are considered last resort for anything iCloud, software upgrades, and the like. However, for quick email checks and email sending, limited web surfing, 3G is fine as long as you're watching your data usage. Wi-fi at some local hotspot is best if you don' have high speed Internet at home (wireless).

Ok thanks:)But do i need icloud for my calendar reminders? As earlier i used to sync with outlook 2007 from itunes, can i continue to sync with that after upgrading to ios5? I mean without using iCloud?

I dont really use it for much to be honest just when I have other idevices any changes I make or pictures I take..etc automatically sync with them devices including my computer which works for mac or windows so that for me is the most handy feature... But you can use it to backup your device instead of on your computer.. I would advise to stick to using itunes and backing up that way because if you use icloud to backup then you can backup in itunes.

Just use it for smaller files such as documents if you need to and that way you wont really need a fast connection just for small documents rather then a 5GB backup that if you use more you have to pay for more storage so for you it sounds like the best option instead of relying on icloud especially since you dont really have a wifi connection at home.

Ok fine thanks so i am upgrading to ios5 and will be using calendar with itunes and i will not use icloud for my calendar. Hope i do not have any problems with daily tasks as my work depends on them.

Btw i am having 3 same calendars, earlier i had 2 calendars but since recently i have installed itunes in win7, it has made a 3rd calendar. How do i delete 2 calendars? i want only 1 calendar!!

on your iPhone, go to settings> mails, contacts, calendars/ there you scroll completely down to see the list of the available calendars. Or just open up calendar app and find there the name of the available calendars. If anyone are related to your email accounts then you will have to shut them off from your email setting, if some of them are related to your iTunes, then you will have to connect your iPhone to iTunes and uncheck the calendar syncing in iTunes, if one i related to iCloud, then go to settings> iCloud/ there you will be able to turn off iCloud calendar. Good luck.