What's new

i want to customize my 6plus, any ideas?

kengarchow

Reaction score
i love the space gray phone but also like the white silver phones chrome trim ring around the home button
anyone know if the chrome trim ring could be put on the space gray phone?

thanks

Probably not. As that touchID sensor is very finicky. I'd highly suggest against trying to DIY it as well.

i love the space gray phone but also like the white silver phones chrome trim ring around the home button
anyone know if the chrome trim ring could be put on the space gray phone?

thanks
I'm afraid that you're out of luck, Apple doesn't give customers the ability to customize the appearance of their phones in that manner.

The trim ring is built onto the home button/touch ID sensor assembly. I cannot remember, right off, if you could swap home button/touch ID assemblies on the 5S. @scifan57 do you remember? If so, at some point, replacement parts will be on the market and you should be able to work something out.

The trim ring is built onto the home button/touch ID sensor assembly. I cannot remember, right off, if you could swap home button/touch ID assemblies on the 5S. @scifan57 do you remember? If so, at some point, replacement parts will be on the market and you should be able to work something out.
That would technically be possible but it would void the warranty.

I agree technically it's possible, and of course it would void any warranty left. I just can't recall if the Touch ID sensor was tied to the logic board, programing wise, and couldn't be replaced w/o the logic board as well.

thanks for the replies
i have a space gray, and a white silver 6, and after looking at them with a magnifier it looks almost like the white silver phone has a chrome insert in the button and the space gray phone has none rather than a black one

can anyone confirm this? if so possibly i could take the chrome trim ring out of a broken silver screen and put it in a space gray phone

U should be able to take a scotch brite pad and rub the aluminum trim enough to remove the grey and give it a satin finish.

so are you saying the black phone does have a ring but it is black?
take a closer look i think black phone has no ring

but if so has anyone removed any of the rings or had them fall out?

so are you saying the black phone does have a ring but it is black?
take a closer look i think black phone has no ring

but if so has anyone removed any of the rings or had them fall out?
All iphone 6 and six plus models have that metal ring around the edge of the home button, it's part of the Touch ID system. If you remove the ring, you'll destroy the Touch ID and home button functionality.

thanks guys
what about putting a white silver button then in a space gray phone?

Those that posted its not doable should do some research before posting its not possible.

Good news op! changing the ring around the home button is very possible. Although doing it yourself is not a good idea at all. Check this company out they can change the entire housing as well as the home button but it may be a bit pricey. Im guessing around 100-150 to change the entire housing but your iphone will be very unique.

I believe right now theyre still working on taking apart the iphone 6 and getting parts but you should definitely call them for a quote if you're interested

Here are a few examples. Enjoy!

instagram.com/p/sV0QJCn3lO

instagram.com/p/pCbC0kH3oz

instagram.com/p/m3ja2Vn3o0

Instagram

Neucase - La Puente CA Yelp