What's new

I think it's called tatic button

brixtonboy

Reaction score
This new home l'm finding it a pain, to use surely l can be the only one. Used 1&2 makes no difference should l try 3 maybe it's me doing something wrong. I keep going for my 5s can l remove this system From my 7?
Think my brain needs help here bitte

I guess you're talking about the Home button. It's a solid-state button, and it's part of the hardware, so you can't remove it. You get haptic feedback when you use it. That's why you select 1, 2 or 3. Just choose the one you prefer.

It's possible that you just need to get used to the feature.

What exactly is the problem?

I was lucky and got used to it right away but some people take a little longer.
Just persevere and in no time it will become normal to you.

Haptic that's it. Couldn't find the word. I want to know which apps are open and close them if necessary. But all l get is the main screen MOSTLY. Not always. With the 5s it was easy to control for me. Can l switch it off? Just thought of something that Kevin told me about if l can find it problem solved

You can use Assistive Touch instead. It's in Settings - General - Accessibility. There's also a Home button. When you tap it twice, you'll get to the App Switcher.
IMG_9481.jpg

Great stuff J.A. That's what he told me about, l did have a note about it. I used it before on the 6plus but this 7 button is going to take my heavy heavy handed clumsiness longer to come to terms with l guess.

Sorry to lead you all in the wrong direction, the Assistive Touch app didn't help me.
Doing some reading and from what J.A. Said my problem was switching apps, it seems that somewhere in setting up this iPhone l got it totally wrong. Sure it will not be the last time.
It was set to default changed it to slow and now it works, well at the moment it does.
Am l correct in thinking that there are 2 different settings for this key. One is how many times you press it and the other how quickly you press it?
Surely l can't be the only person to have had this problem.
Thanks in advance

To force close apps (get to the App Switcher), you have to press the Home button twice. In most of the other cases, you tap it once.

There is only one feature can be set up, and where you tap it three times: if you use an accessibility shortcut. That can be done in Settings - General - Accessibility - Accessibility Shortcut. If you select one of the features there, you enable/disable it by clicking the Home button three times.

Thanks for your help, l'm now able to see which apps are open and close them (almost) at will. Next question coming soon [emoji853]

You can use Assistive Touch instead. It's in Settings - General - Accessibility. There's also a Home button. When you tap it twice, you'll get to the App Switcher.
View attachment 29368

I was looking at new iPad Pros this weekend and one had this enabled. I can see where this would be both helpful (always available from the touch screen) and a pain (always available from the touch screen but always on top of your apps). Now that I know I can turn it off (I looked and tried like crazy) I feel better about a new iPad and 10.2.