What's new

I Need Help!

ok, thanks for all your help you've been brilliant, if people ask what network it was on origionally what should i tell them?

also make sure that you indicate that it has 4.0.1 software it's worth more that way ;))).

ok, thanks for all your help you've been brilliant, if people ask what network it was on origionally what should i tell them?

nothing. it should matter anymore b/c it's UNLOCKED. Tell them you can use any carrier.

it does matter because when that person goes to upgrade or restore they will be screwed. its always better to be honest and up front and say it was unlocked using jailbreak/unlock tools

yes that is true, he needs to tell that it is Jailbroken and Unlocked, but who was the original carrier IT DOESNT MATTER! b/c even if you tell them that it was O2 or whatever they can still accidentally UPGRADE TO 4.1

nothing. it should matter anymore b/c it's UNLOCKED. Tell them you can use any carrier.

it does matter because when that person goes to upgrade or restore they will be screwed. its always better to be honest and up front and say it was unlocked using jailbreak/unlock tools

yes that is true, he needs to tell that it is Jailbroken and Unlocked, but who was the original carrier IT DOESNT MATTER! b/c even if you tell them that it was O2 or whatever they can still accidentally UPGRADE TO 4.1

yes but they might be interested to know but i agree 9 times out of ten the person wont really care. but if the buyer is some one from that country they might be able to go and buy that sim and not worry about unlock so it might suite some people more.

that limerain trick was slick though. I didn't know you could use it to activate the phone without the sim card. Will it work on nay version?

i have been asked if 'jailbreak' interferes with mms and facetime!!!! apparently some girl says she has read that it does, any idea?

i have been asked if 'jailbreak' interferes with mms and facetime!!!! apparently some girl says she has read that it does, any idea?

anything is possible when you do a jailbreak and unlock. I sudgest you find people from your country who has done it the same way you did with the same version you have.

Remember jailbreak is just hacking to the phone, there for bugs do exist

yes it has done but i dont know about any other firmwares if it has that effect, try it out on your iphone and let us know, because there are fixes.

that limerain trick was slick though. I didn't know you could use it to activate the phone without the sim card. Will it work on nay version?

yep and greenpois0n does the same :) it hacktivates it. though for me i dont need activation. it would be nice to be able to turn it off, not that im gonna jailbreak lol

yep and greenpois0n does the same :) it hacktivates it. though for me i dont need activation. it would be nice to be able to turn it off, not that im gonna jailbreak lol

what do you mean, you dont need activation? and turn it off?

what do you mean, you dont need activation? and turn it off?

as in i dont need a jailbreak to activate my iphone since my phone is unlocked already and activated, and even if i upgrade firmware it will still be unlocked and activated so i dont need tools to do it for me

Maybe i should add a note to my listing to say something like 'please only bid if you understand jailbreak and how to use an unlocked iphone, no refunds will be given for problems with software' ?

no just put jailbroken and the firmware and baseband version i think that will be fine so they know its not factory unlocked

Apple iPhone 4 Black (16GB) Mobile Phone on eBay (end time 27-Oct-10 13:32:13 BST)

Hi chaps, if you have time! Do you think all information provided is ok? Thanks

Perfect. if you want to make it advertiseble add 4.0.1 to the header, it will bring more attention. I have sold many iphones over on ebay, if I were you I would add BUY IT NOW (it only cost some change)
and consider this, you will pay about $50 to ebay after you sell it and about $15 to paypal so add this to your buy it now. Make it one day auction And if you are willing to ship overseas put it in there.

Last edited:
100% positive very nice and also like the way you took a pic of the phone on and working. i see you even got a bid.

Hi, cheers mate, i did have a buy it now on there but as soon as there is an opening bid it then disappears from the listing. I have also made it a 1 day auction. Thats the only bad thing about ebay, the fees!! I sold it once for £456 but the bloke couldn't work it and started a dispute against me. Ebay refunded him the full amount so while i only got to see £400 of the money i have to repay £456. Annoying. Lets hope it gets a few quid more this time!