What's new

I Need Help!

OK the server needed a reboot! I've ran cydia/jailbreak so it should be unlocked to any network now i think? And be fine to resell as 'unlocked to any network'?

no,,, once you jailbreak you need to download ultrasn0w from cydia

instructions how to is here including video and text tutorials..

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock the iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Using UltraSn0w

unlock and jailbreak are different things, jailbreak enables me to install what i want with out approval from apple, unlock enables me to use any carrier but you have to jailbreak in order to get the tool to unlock.

ok so just run ultrasn0w and install.. i cant help too much with it because i have never needed to use it i buy my iphones factory unlocked but the link i sent has a video explaining how to use it and text tutorial whatever you prefere

did the bloke tried connecting it to the itunes first???

no dont think so, he didn't say anyway. Why?
He just said he tried his sim, ordered a new sim, rang apple and asked some guy who unlocks at his local market i think!

no dont think so, he didn't say anyway. Why?
He just said he tried his sim, ordered a new sim, rang apple and asked some guy who unlocks at his local market i think!

Its possible that the buyer did not know how to activate the phone.
I did not read the whole thread, and I don't know much about Uk phones since I am in US. If the phone is brand new, it usually need to be plugged in to itunes with a sim card. It don't have to be original sim card, you could either buy a phonebook sim card. Activate iPhone 4 3GS without Sim Card

and that should activate the phone OR find a buddy who already has a legit sim card and you could activate it with his card without effecting his sim in any way. Activate does not mean it's unlocked for any carrier. So you might need to UNLOCK if you have a software prior to 4.1

Last edited:
yes thats right! if you buy from apple int he uk they are factory unlocked but from any carrier they are locked to that network

OK so now i have run ultrasn0w and i can now access all the aps and go on web etc, does this mean that the new buyer only has to put their own sim in and everything will work fine?

OK so now i have run ultrasn0w and i can now access all the aps and go on web etc, does this mean that the new buyer only has to put their own sim in and everything will work fine?

yes, but if the buyer upgrades the firmware or restores it will lock up again. so you should say it on the sale that its jailbroken and unlock with ultrasn0w.

Right i have Version - 4.0.1 (8A306)
Modem Firmware - 01.59.00
Any good?

dude its' great that you have 4.0.1. Easy to UNLCOK.

1. go to jailbreakme.com with your iphone browser
2. slide the bar to the right
3. click REBOOT when the prompt pops
4. Go to cydia, it will do the REBOoT thin again
5. go to cidya--->manage--> repo666--->install--->confirm

after it will install repo666(ultrasnow) you are set to use any carrier.

ok, thanks for all your help you've been brilliant, if people ask what network it was on origionally what should i tell them?

ok, thanks for all your help you've been brilliant, if people ask what network it was on origionally what should i tell them?

nothing. it should matter anymore b/c it's UNLOCKED. Tell them you can use any carrier.

might be worth it to ring apple and find out what network it is locked to, otherwise you can just tell them you dont know as it was a gift or something...

nothing. it should matter anymore b/c it's UNLOCKED. Tell them you can use any carrier.

it does matter because when that person goes to upgrade or restore they will be screwed. its always better to be honest and up front and say it was unlocked using jailbreak/unlock tools