What's new

I Movie app

Russtopher

Reaction score
Happy Easter

My question is this, when I shoot a short 4K video, it is automatically stored in the video folder and the I Movie folder. If I delete the I Movie folder, Will the video still go into the video folder? And, if in the future, If I want to bring back the I Movie app, I can do that through I Tunes?

Thanks

The default location of all photos and videos shot with the iPhone camera is the Photos app. Deleting the iMovie app should not delete any of the videos in the Videos folder. The iMovie accesses the videos to edit from the videos folder in the photos app. The original video stays there and a copy is edited in iMovie. The edited copy can be sent back to the Videis folder, along with the original unedited videos used to create the edited video.

Cool. So if I delete the I Movie app, I can bring it back later through I Tunes, if I want to?

Thanks

Cool. So if I delete the I Movie app, I can bring it back later through I Tunes, if I want to?

Thanks
You'll find it in your App Store purchase history when you want to re-install it. Make sure to backup all your iMovie files before deleting the app as they'll be deleted with the app otherwise.

Last edited:
You'll find it in your App Store purchase history when you want to re-install it. Make sure to backup all your iMovie files before deleting the app as they'll be deleted with the app otherwise.

Thanks. My I Movie folder is completely empty. I only consider it's removal to free up a bit of space on the new phone. Being that I still have 15 gigs of free space, maybe I should just leave it be?

Thanks
Russ