What's new

I keep getting this on google chrome web browser

tim56

Reaction score
Hi
When ever I use google chrome I keep getting this do I have a virus on my iPhone 7 plus 32GB? How do I fix if I do ? Thank you
IMG_7482.jpg

That's obviously meant for an Android device. Google Play is Android's App Store. You can't get a virus on an iPhone. This looks like scam.

Try removing your website history for Chrome, if possible, and force close the app.

Hi J.A. Ok thank you for the help was getting super nervous

From a realistic perspective these threats are dangerous only to jailbroken devices. On a stock iOS device it would be virtually impossible for a virus or malware attack to cause a system wide infection. The best thing you can do to maintain the security of your device is to never jailbreak it.

And to keep it up to date. Apple addresses any security issues found in their software with security updates, included in iOS updates.

Reading the article what is pertinent is this:
" The good news is that AceDeceiver only affects users in China, at least so far.

Additionally, for the malware to spread to an iOS device, users must have mistakenly installed a corrupted program on their Windows-powered PC to help manage their iOS device. Instead of helping a user backup their iPhone, however, the program covertly installs “malicious apps on any iOS device that is connected to the PC,” the report said."

So yeah, that's what I believe.

Reading the article what is pertinent is this:
" The good news is that AceDeceiver only affects users in China, at least so far.

So yeah, that's what I believe.

Just wanted to point out that the article was written in March 2016.

Also, this only works through iTunes on Windows PCs.

Right- unless you have a mac there is no army of technicians working to keep you safe.

I imagine a lot of people run iTunes from windows because they do not have macs. I only use windows to run iTunes and I'm limited to an old 32 bit version of it. I'm not sure if it is even still 'supported ' by apple

Right- unless you have a mac there is no army of technicians working to keep you safe.

I imagine a lot of people run iTunes from windows because they do not have macs. I only use windows to run iTunes and I'm limited to an old 32 bit version of it. I'm not sure if it is even still 'supported ' by apple

If you haven't installed a program on your PC, in addition to iTunes, to help manage your backups you should not have this concern. It is that additional program that is the means of infection. Even using Windows it is the installation of a corrupted program that is the source of virus. If you have been careful about your downloads and their sources, this should not be an issue.

32 bit versions of Windows 7 and later can run the latest version of iTunes for Windows; version 12.5.5.5.

Last edited: