What's new

I Jailbroke the Iphone 4s so i could switch carriers... but how do I switch?

Chadj757

Reaction score
I've been told for the past 3 months that I have to wait for the new jailbreak to come out for Iphone 4s with IOS6 before I can switch the carriers on my phone from Sprint to AT&T. I Jailbroke my phone.... Now what?? Do I go through Cydia and download a program then put in my ATT SIM card, or what??

There's only two methods for Unlocking a 4S... a Gevey SIM interposer or an IMEI unlock. Both of which can be purchased from ApplenBerry.com... a trusted Gevey and IMEI unlock seller.

Ok thats crappy news but thank you anyways. I was hoping I didnt have to pay for anything.

Ok thats crappy news but thank you anyways. I was hoping I didnt have to pay for anything.
Simply Jailbreaking and using ultrasn0w via Cyida ended w/ the very first iPhone 4 baseband, 1.59.00. And that was updated when iOS 4.1 was released, I do believe.

Make sure you PRESERVE YOUR BASEBAND. Create a custom IPSW using RedSn0w, (RedSn0w > Extras > Custom IPSW) and point it to the IPSW of an iOS that you want to jailbreak (iOS 6.1 works just fine now that we have an untethered jailbreak). It should then create an IPSW with the header "NO_BB". Restore using that IPSW in DFU mode and you'll retain your 01.59.00 baseband. And if you are upgrading to iOS 6, make sure you download the "UltraSn0w Fixer for iOS 6" to get UltraSn0w working on your device.

I personally have tried Gevey, GPP, and IMEI unlocks.

I like IMEI unlocks the best since it is a Factory unlock

However I hava had bad luck with GEVEY sims, GPP is the way to go I believe.

Good luck!

I personally have tried Gevey, GPP, and IMEI unlocks.

I like IMEI unlocks the best since it is a Factory unlock

However I hava had bad luck with GEVEY sims, GPP is the way to go I believe.

Good luck!

IMEI unlocks are NOT factory unlocks. They are provided by someone who has access to the universal white list that wireless providers use. The only way to have a "Factory Unlocked" iDevice is if it came from the factory unlocked.

IMEI unlocks are NOT factory unlocks. They are provided by someone who has access to the universal white list that wireless providers use. The only way to have a "Factory Unlocked" iDevice is if it came from the factory unlocked.

Oh my mistake. You learn something new every day.