I have unlock code. How do i use it?

Discussion in 'Sprint iPhone' started by mnfl, Mar 30, 2014.

1. mnfl

mnfl New Member

I purchased an iPhone 5C from a Sprint customer last week. Before I paid him, we called Sprint on speaker-phone and asked them for the master unlock code, and they gave it to us after authorization into his account.
    How do I use that code to unlock the iPhone 5C for use on other carriers?
    The iPhone has a SIM card slot in it. When I entered my AT&T SIM card in it, I was not prompted for a code, but instead an error message was displayed saying that the sim card entered was under an incompatible carrier.
    Any thoughts?

THANKS
  2. inkymycat2

inkymycat2 New Member

Hello the master unlock code is only for international use. There is currently no domestic unlock codes. My two year contract was up in December of 2013. I recently cancelled my Sprint service and I will never go with them again. They are holding my iPhone 4s hostage. My iPhone is now a glorified iPod now. I ended up buying a used unlocked iPhone 4s and I bought an h20wireless sim for it. I get unlimited for 60 a month which is a little over $15.00 a month cheaper than Sprint.

I wish you the best of luck. I will never go with a two year service plan again. All my future phones will be unlocked.
  3. tintbob

tintbob New Member

I thought the unlock code comes from Apple ?
    I requested one from my supplier ( EE UK ) and they said it comes direct from Apple and takes four weeks, which it did
  4. mnfl

mnfl New Member

So, regarding the international use, how does the code work if that is what i wanted to do?
  5. inkymycat

inkymycat New Member

You would get the code from sprint. You would get a sprint international sim i believe. So for the long delay i forgot my password and could not figure out what it was.