What's new

I forgot PASSCODE on brand new iphone so i connected it to old used laptop..

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only things, in my mind would be if iphone has build in bootloaders that will only allow by default apple signed software to be prewritten on it? So they should survive the "wipe" and remain on the device for verification purpouses. Yet on the sites it keeps saying restore makes complete wipe till the last particle. If thats true, with no particles left, there is nothing that will verify what is installed on it locally.

There is no such thing as a fake iTunes that can fool a user into thinking it’s the real thing. Asking the same question over and over will not change reality

The only things, in my mind would be if iphone has build in bootloaders that will only allow by default apple signed software to be prewritten on it? So they should survive the "wipe" and remain on the device for verification purpouses. Yet on the sites it keeps saying restore makes complete wipe till the last particle. If thats true, with no particles left, there is nothing that will verify what is installed on it locally.
Verification is done by the Apple verification servers, not by anything on the iPhone itself.

Anyway, there is nothing at this point that can convince me faking itunes is not possible. Its like buying second hand iphone- i would never do that if possible, rather buy older phone but new. Everywhere i read it says nothing different than original apple software can be installed into an iphone, but there is no realiable information what keeps the phone secure from hacking. Lets say you buy second hand iphone x who belong to a hacker. How can you know that he haven't manipulated the software somehow? Most people it can happen to iphone but i still cant find any solid proof that it cant happen. Actually, on older iphones it was possible, if i am not mistaking. This is the reason, i if possible would never ever buy used phone, ill rather buy older cheaper version but new. By the same logic, the iphone installed what was on that computer. I dont even remember what i clicked there were 100 programs installed on that pc. You for sure cant convince me someone cant create a duplicate program that will look like itunes. I can never find peace with the device so i am releasing it for sale (i didn't bought it from apple store so i wont be able to return it).
But by all means dont get me wrong- apple is the most seceure thing right now. I'll probably give iphone 8 plus a change, i never really likes X really, it reminds me to much of my old samsung 7 edge.
I believe the topic is done, i do appriciate your help, its probably me being extremly paranoid about security. Take care guys and hopefully i'll be around :)

It’s impossible to prove a negative so if that’s what your looking for you’ll never find it no matter how hard you look.

No it's just i always want to know how and exactly how certain things work. I can ofcourse call Apple and ask them if there was a problem me connecting iphone to what i beliave was non trusted computer to perform Restoration i am sure they will simply tell me nothing to worry about. And pretty much i myself am almost 99.999% sure nothing wrong happened, since i followed the procedure exactly as on apple's site.

But i hate when i can't ind certain answer and thats drives me crazy. I am person of extreme measures for me something is either True or False. I don't like when i am told just don't worry about it without anyone get me into details what and how. By saying this i don't want to disrespect your opinions, its just i couldn't get the answer i was looking for. I tried to simplified it as simple as possible i seached a lot in the web but i cant simply find the information. How the iphone is able to recognize that it's connected to Itunes for example. This is where i cant find the info about. If the servers do all the work, what in theory will stop the iphone being erased and installed on program different of Itunes? If i give my iphone to a hacker, for example, in locked state, is it possible for him, using any tools he wants, to erase and install something on my device on his behalf. Why there are many sites that claim they can restore the devices on their own? Are they all fake, because some seem very legit. If they are able to erase and download software for the device without Itunes, so hackers will be able to do the same. Where those programs download the software from. I recently saw i beilive was called fonepaw or someething like that which is not by any means connected to apple. Now they either lie, or they are really able to erase and reinstall the IOS on the device without Itunes. And if that's possible, programs can be invented to erase the iphone and install software by hackers as well. I dont understand apple's security, they seem to keep it in secret, but when i don't understand something i can't trust it as well.

I would never trust blindly something just because its mainstream at the moment. Every security can be breached, including apple's, even if it's a lot harder. Apple products can be hacked, not as easy as androids but still they can be..

Again, please dont get annoyed by the questions. I am used to android and new to apple.. On android once you wipe the ROM you can installed anything including cracked software downloaded from torrent tracked, full of bugs and malware. I do understand apple wont allow this but no where i seem to find information just exactly what makes the iphone recognize real Itunes from fake program. All i am reading is Itunes downloads software and apple services verifiy it, but i cant find information what if a cracked program tries to full the device that has no internet connection that whats installing on it is official.
Let me put this into perspective. What happens on android platform does not happen with Apple. Our forums are 8 years old and not once has any one been compromised As it’s been stated if you have poor internet connection apples servers will not authentic iTunes The reason you cannot find what your looking for is because it DOES NOT HAPPEN. Please accept what our experts have advised you.

As said it already, i am not here to argue, let's close the subject as it is. DOES NOT HAPPEN is something you should never use as it's gravity is way to misleading. Things can happen, the point is how often. In one platform a lot often than the other android<apple. Iphones can get hacked and infected, new and new hacks will keep appearing until apple fixes them with the next update. Just as PASSCODE bypasses do exists, although quickly patched. I am not here to talk against apple, my next phone will be iphone (hopefully ofcourse), but for me the software was wiped by a program which i now have to "accept" want it or not that is impossible to trick and new software was installed which i again have to "accept" nothing happened because someone says so without giving me single proof how the iphone verifies what is installed on it. You keep saying its verified by the apple services, i ask you if i try to reinstall ios on iphone without Itunes and the apples services will it work, you keep saying the "servers" will take care of it. I repeat that i am not worried that the servers were wrong i worry they were bypass at all and a cracked copy of IOS was installed on the iphone without using the apple services at all. On the local torrent tracker i've checked cracked versions of IOS 11 exist and are downloadable. So if thing exists it can be downloaded and uploaded, unless its all a scam, but to many posts only keep appearing that those things can exist. How can i know they are myth just because its Apple. They are the best yes but not foolproff, and when the fooling happens the Apple, although always willing to help, will say but why did you use different program instead of Itunes. I will try to explain that as new to apple i used what i saw on that laptop and the responce would be you should've used a safer laptop. Thats the reality, when i said Apple (and every company ever else) wont care what you with the device i meant it the way- they are not babysitters- if you drop your iphone your done. If you jailbreak the device its on you. If you are stupid enough being fooled by cracked program its on you. One of my older phones (yes, android) was so brutally hacked without me doing ANYTHING apart from accidently downloading wrong program by accidentally taping on download while scrolling made a so strong infection that Factory reset wasn't able to help. The whatever it is had rooted itself in and when i got to warrenty they've gave me the cold water saying its "on you". I am not that mad about the phone but the passwords that have been stolen and accounts. I am not making same mistake twice. My personal information and accounts are lot more important for me than a phone even if the best at the moment. All answers that i hear is IT can't happen, the one i really hate the mos- "But why excatly on you", Well it happened exactly on me by proportions that i never believed are possible and now i believe anything can happen, as long as someone is willing to spend enough time preparing maliscious programs around, Those people exists, they are no myth, their attentions are always different but there are there. And when they breach the security, apple will patched it next update but who ever burns is burned. No going back.
So since there is absoultely nothing that can convince me my iphone cant be wiped by hacking tool and than some cracked ios being installed on it, there is no way i would ever choose to simply ignore my intuition and blindly follow the "experts" who will later simply turn their head when something happens, fix it for future and leave you as pure statistic. I am not talking about the people on this forum.
Now its probably nothing, i am almost sure there was no way anything happend, but almost is always 50/50% no matter. The topic went way ahead of it purpouse though. I asked a question, you answer based on you knowladge with apple, i am glad you helped, but i won't pretend, i still couldn't figure out the defence mechanism iphone has to detect Itunes and to make difference between Itunes and a different similar program. Enough with this, i will take care of the problem on my own way.
Cheers and no hard feelings to anyone! :)

Lets for a second pretend that i have bought this iphone used by someone else. According to Apple there is no way anythig different than IOS can be installed on their device and, if jailbroken ofcourse, many things can happen but erase everything to factory settings will fix it up.
What are the defence mechanism of the Iphone that will block installation of dyferent ios- lets say android for example, once after it's wiped. There can be only two things that can stop this in my understaing-
1. Either Iphone will never erase itself if its not connected to itunes, which should mean that there are boot mechanisms that will always assure what is installed on the phone is Apple stuff.
2. The Iphopne is done in a way which it can only work with Apple signed product which will again mean that, it has prewritten mechanism that survive the wiping.
If you say that the device is 100.000% wiped when restoring to itunes (or different program), what the hell will stop any different IOS to attach itself to the iphone if its modifed to work with it? IT JUST DONT HAPPEN is not an answer to this..

BTW, there is no passcode bypass for an iOS device. Even the FBI can’t get information from an iPhone protected by an unknown passcode. You can erase the passcode on an iOS device by erasing the entire device, including all data stored on the device. Any hacking possible on an iOS device cannot be done remotely but requires physical possession of the device. If that has happened, a full restore will take care of that problem.
In addition, your posting on this forum certainly gives the impression that you DO want to argue ad infinitum.

Lets for a second pretend that i have bought this iphone used by someone else. According to Apple there is no way anythig different than IOS can be installed on their device and, if jailbroken ofcourse, many things can happen but erase everything to factory settings will fix it up.
What are the defence mechanism of the Iphone that will block installation of dyferent ios- lets say android for example, once after it's wiped. There can be only two things that can stop this in my understaing-
1. Either Iphone will never erase itself if its not connected to itunes, which should mean that there are boot mechanisms that will always assure what is installed on the phone is Apple stuff.
2. The Iphopne is done in a way which it can only work with Apple signed product which will again mean that, it has prewritten mechanism that survive the wiping.
If you say that the device is 100.000% wiped when restoring to itunes (or different program), what the hell will stop any different IOS to attach itself to the iphone if its modifed to work with it? IT JUST DONT HAPPEN is not an answer to this..
IT WILL NOT HAPPEN on an iOS device means exactly that. The mechanism that prevents anything other than a currently signed version of iOS from being installed is NOT on the device but on the Apple iOS installation servers. iOS is NOT Android and is far more secure

Status
Not open for further replies.