What's new

I can't Sync Help I'm going insane!!!!!

eddiegwatz

Reaction score
I got the new iphone 4 yesterday and I upgraded from a 3g 8gb 3.1.2 (version) 05.11.07 (firmware) the both have been jailbroke (cydia) now I really never backed up my 3g before and it took me two times and 6hrs later probably 9hrs of screwing around waiting. I want to get all my pics and text from my old phone and transfer it to my new phone and it's not doing it? I dinked around called apple support but the call dropped and now they are closed anyone have a clue this is driving me crazy why am i not able to transfer my data to the new phone? this is making me go crazy

You should just be able to restore it as your old phone. What errors are you getting?

backup your 3g and then in itunes restore to a backup of your iphone 3g on your 4... or take it to the apple store they will happily do it for you

I never had a problem going from my 3G to 3GS then to 4G.

backup your 3g and then in itunes restore to a backup of your iphone 3g on your 4... or take it to the apple store they will happily do it for you

I would agree with that...

it took my brother 6 hours to install from a first gen iphone to iphone 4. He said it too way too long but it did finally work.

try to use a different computer with itunes on it and see it if it works. but if it doesn't work then try to reboot it if you're using an iphone touch.

From my understanding Apple will only an iPhone to be synched with one computer at a time. I've had similar issues and had to use a program to transfer the contents from my iPhone to my computer, then transfer the files from that program to my itunes account.