What's new

I cant get my iphone to restore! I am stuck ! Help quickly please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just answers my question to jail breaked phones. Ok ok it works brilliant for most. But boy when it goes wrong it goes wrong. If you would have left the phone as nature intended then you wouldn't be screaming the place down on how to fix a jail break gone horribly wrong.

See this is what I'm talking about... Who said I was jailbreaking?

My headphone jack got stuck in headphone mode 2 times even tho I don't use headphones at all, none of the tricks would work to get it out, not plugging in and unplugging over and over, not cleaning it with a qtip and alcohol, not fishing for debris with a needle, nothing! A little orange light would come on inside the headphone jack during boot, and it would go into headphone mode!

Verizon said I should try a restore to fix it so I was actually trying to restore with official 4.2.8, and that's when it crashed!

Last edited:
Ok heres an update...

The host file fix works perfectly... IF I RESTORE TO 4.2.10!!!

I tried earlier, and it successfully restored to 4.2.10. Since it worked that time, I wanted to try and downgrade to 4.2.8 (official) since I had my SHSH blobs.

~~~NOT TRYING TO JAILBREAK, JUST DOWNGRADE~~~

I started TinyUmbrella, started server, and STILL got the 1310 error 3/4's thru the restore of 4.2.8

I checked the HOST file and it was still EMPTY

So I tried the restore back to 4.2.10, and it loaded perfectly!

SO.. It seems that no matter what, I can NOT get 4.2.8 to load, but I can 4.2.10 all day long!

My question is WHY???

Thanks

So my question was finally answered properly. You had 4.2.10 on it at one point and you are trying to downgrade. Now your issue makes 100% sense.

So my question was finally answered properly. You had 4.2.10 on it at one point and you are trying to downgrade. Now your issue makes 100% sense.

No!

I put 4.2.10 on it TODAY ONLY in an attempt at getting SOME KIND OF SOFTWARE on it. It has NEVER been 4.2.10 before.

You can't downgrade without jailbreaking. You need to create a custom 4.2.8 firmware with sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool(cydia pre-installed) and you need to restore it in PWNED-dfu mode with Tiny TSS running. That is the /ONLY/ way to downgrade.

You can't downgrade without jailbreaking. You need to create a custom 4.2.8 firmware with sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool(cydia pre-installed) and you need to restore it in PWNED-dfu mode with Tiny TSS running. That is the /ONLY/ way to downgrade.

Thank you, I did not know that, however I have tried using my SHSH to downgrade to custom iOS about an hour ago, and I got the typical 1013 error almost at the end with NOTHING in the host file

Were you in Pwned-DFU mode? If you used iReb for Pwned-DFU mode try using Redsn0w instead, I have found that Redsn0w Pwned-DFU mode is more reliable than iReb Pwned-DFU mode.

Were you in Pwned-DFU mode? If you used iReb for Pwned-DFU mode try using Redsn0w instead, I have found that Redsn0w Pwned-DFU mode is more reliable than iReb Pwned-DFU mode.

Typically I just go into DFU mode manually, but after getting tired of missing the window, here lately I have been using ireb r4

btw isn't ireb from redsnow? my ireb came in a redsnow folder

Thanks

No, iReb is included with sn0wbreeze, it was created by ih8sn0w.

Also, you said you go into DFU mode manually, DFU mode is NOT the same as Pwned-DFU mode, there is NO way to enter Pwned-DFU manually. You MUST use iReb or Redsn0w to do it.

well whats an alternative to snowbreeze? If I can't go back to official, and i can't go back to snowbreeze custom iOS, then maybe I could try going back with a custom iOS from something else.

You think its possible?

Sn0wbreeze for Windows and Pwnage Tool for Mac are the only two programs that allow you to create a custom firmware. And why can't you go back to sn0wbreeze custom? I've done it dozens of times, works just fine.

also i see where you helped someone else with getting apps to transfer after an update.

I am on a tethered jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.8b7b, and 22 of my apps are not transferring over.

Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.