What's new

I bought a Mophie iPhone 3GS Juice Pack and do not have a rechargeable battery

ronnyjs

Reaction score
I bought an iPhone 3GS through Ebay a few weeks ago. The iPhone is constantly running out of power. So I bought a Mophie iPhone Juice Pack in the expectation that a rechargeable external battery was included. All I got was an AC adapter and an iPhone cradle. This is useless to me since I already have an effective wall charger and an automobile charger for my iPhone. Can I get an external rechargeble battery to keep my iPhone going after it runs out of power?

I guess I should return the Mophie Juice Pack and get back my money.

I bought an iPhone 3GS through Ebay a few weeks ago. The iPhone is constantly running out of power. So I bought a Mophie iPhone Juice Pack in the expectation that a rechargeable external battery was included. All I got was an AC adapter and an iPhone cradle. This is useless to me since I already have an effective wall charger and an automobile charger for my iPhone. Can I get an external rechargeble battery to keep my iPhone going after it runs out of power?

I guess I should return the Mophie Juice Pack and get back my money.

A Mophie juice pack contains an external battery built into the case. I have one for my iPhone 5 and it works great.

So when I slide my iPhone into the case and connect the terminals together, the iPhone is connected to the external battery.

Why is it that when I put the iPhone in the case that the power icon does not show the iPhone is charging, but if I connect the juice pack to the wall adapter it does show it is charging?

So when I slide my iPhone into the case and connect the terminals together, the iPhone is connected to the external battery.

Why is it that when I put the iPhone in the case that the power icon does not show the iPhone is charging, but if I connect the juice pack to the wall adapter it does show it is charging?

Once the iPhone is installed in the case, to connect the iPhone to the external battery, you have to slide the switch on the back of the case, to the right of the power status lights, to the left, exposing a green dot. At this point, the external battery is supplying power to the iPhone and you should see the charging symbol next to the battery icon. When you plug in the wall adaptor, it charges both the iPhone and juice pack batteries, whatever position the switch is in. The charging icon will of course be shown.

If the switch on the back is slid to the right, hiding the green dot, the juice pack is not supplying any power to the iPhone.