What's new

Hulu not free?

Tricon7

Reaction score
It seems like I discovered that the Hulu app is free to download, but to actually *watch* Hulu, you're charged a monthly subscription rate. Is this true?

Ueah bigU is better than hulu. And the tv-out for BigU is also great when you have all the needed supports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes unfortunatly it is true. Most free operators charge for their services on mobile devices nowadays including Hulu. Hope this helps. P.s. I am running a YouTube series where i review the best new applications on the app store every wednesday. I just thought you might be interested. Here is the link. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNkYeayUqNM]YouTube - ‪Best Free Apps For iPhone - 25 May 2011‬‏[/ame]

I looked for BigU in Apple' app store and couldn't find it, nor in Google. Can someone provide a link or something to it?

I looked for BigU in Apple' app store and couldn't find it, nor in Google. Can someone provide a link or something to it?

BigU is not in the app store, it's in cydia.

I went to a "cydia" site that was advertising free movies and such, and I clicked the "Purchase" icon, but nothing happened. There was no "download" icon anywhere. I still don't know how to get this app.

You must be jailbroken to use cydia. Then go into the app cydia and search bigu

You must be jailbroken to use cydia. Then go into the app cydia and search bigu

Ok, I guess I misunderstood what "jailbroken" meant. I thought it was when an iPhone user wanted to use cellular service that was neither AT&T nor Verizon. Since I'm with Verizon, does this mean BigU isn't available to me?

ummmmm. i hate to say it, but movies has a horrible copy of the green lantern. its to small and doesnt fit the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
ummmmm. i hate to say it, but bigu movies has a horrible copy of the green lantern. its to small and doesnt fit the screen.

Shows how much u know about movies. bigU app from Cydia has a telesync copy of Green Lantern and I was told they are swapping it for a r5 copy sometime this week which will be even better. That's the best copy I've seen yet. It's widescreen movie amd it fits fine on my screen. Try tapping on the two arrow button at the top right of the player. I watched Source Code, Just Go With It and Sucker Punch from bigU app and they were all dvd quality.

im just curious.....how many screen names do you have on here? same ip address keeps popping up for from different users each time there is discussion about big u movies. one ip address says big u is the best thing ever, then the same ip address with 3 different user names posts in agreement.

Hulu is okay if you ask me but I installed the uWatch app from Cydia and it's awesome.