What's new

HTC widget

nikstar

Reaction score
Hi! My phone is JB and I'd love to put the HTC Widget HD on my phone but really have no idea how to go about it.
Could someone please help me out with how to get this on my phone?? TIA

OK, I checked out how to change the location for the weather in iFile but it won't display the weather for my city. It's blank with just a ?
Does anyone know how I can get the city of Brisbane, Australia up on the widget?

nikstar said:
OK, I checked out how to change the location for the weather in iFile but it won't display the weather for my city. It's blank with just a ?
Does anyone know how I can get the city of Brisbane, Australia up on the widget?

Usually within iFile, in the themes folder, there are instruction for that themes Weather widget. Also look in the packages info page in Cydia.

nikstar, I would suggest downloading "Vwallpaper2" it is a free Cydia tweak and definitely one of my favorites. The main feature is that you can set animated video wallpapers, but another great feature is that you can set widgets on your springboard pages and one of them is an HTC widget with time and weather, here is what mine looks like:

$IMG_0174.jpg

The repo is http://deb.danstaface.net

Open it and click on "manage current theme" and then turn on whatever features you want. The HTC widget is under "Web views per page." Just turn that slider on, click it and then click "add a local widget" and then select the HTC widget and configure it the way you want.

Cool, thanks!
I got it up on the springboard but just wondering how to get it to display my time and location.

You need to edit the javascript config file. The easiest way is to use iFile text editor.

Navigate to "var/mobile/media/vWallpaper2/Webviews/HTCWeather"

Edit the file "configureMe.js" and change the "var locale" field to your zip code. The time should automatically display from your phone's time&date settings.

Will try that. I did that with the other HTC widget that I installed but no matter what I set the var locale to, it wouldn't work. Do you think it might be because we only have 4 digit post codes in Australia. I even got the code from weatherchannel.com and that didn't work either.

I've had that issue as well, this one has always worked for me though. And since you live in Australia, you will have to set your weather code since I think the zip code feature is only for US.

Your weather code would be: ASXX0016

That's the one I used for the other widget. So I just change the code and leave the rest of the var locale text there?