What's new

How's Your iPhone 4S Battery Life Doing?

bab2010 said:
What's really strange with my battery is that at the end of the day, I will have about 9h or 8h of usage time. When you look at my previous screenshot you would think that I can have 15h of usage time before reach 1% of left battery, but I just noticed that the more % it's loosing, the more quicker it's loosing it resulting likes it takes time to loose % from 100% to 85% or 70% but after that, it's loosing % faster and faster. Here is what I got out from usage time yesterday:

That's way better battery life than what I get.

View attachment 3659

How is it some iPhone 4S' operate better than other units? I took my first one back to Apple and they exchanged it and the second one is pretty much the same way, unless I switch off fetch and push.

How is it some iPhone 4S' operate better than other units? I took my first one back to Apple and they exchanged it and the second one is pretty much the same way, unless I switch off fetch and push.
I mentioned in my previous posts that i do not have fetch and push on. Also 3G is off (anyway my sim card doesn't have 3G), brightness is at about 40%, Ping is turned off in restriction, all location services are turned off except "cell network search" and "compass calibration" Also while using my phone to have the screenshot of usage time you see above, i didn't play any video either streaming or playback, i didn't play any game too. Just some 30mn of internet over EDGE, 10mn in total for phone calls, some sms, iMessages, and most of the time i was reading PDF files on my device using "Adobe reader" and editing some other documents using "pages". That's how i got that usage time after a complete cycling of the battery.
If you have push and fetch on and playing games, streaming videos either on wifi or 3g, and have that screeshot about your battery life, then it's good. Don't get me wrong, my phone can also reach 1% battery juice after 3 or 4hours after a full charge, it's all depend on what are running in the background, and what i'm doing on the phone.

bab2010 said:
I mentioned in my previous posts that i do not have fetch and push on. Also 3G is off (anyway my sim card doesn't have 3G), brightness is at about 40%, Ping is turned off in restriction, all location services are turned off except "cell network search" and "compass calibration" Also while using my phone to have the screenshot of usage time you see above, i didn't play any video either streaming or playback, i didn't play any game too. Just some 30mn of internet over EDGE, 10mn in total for phone calls, some sms, iMessages, and most of the time i was reading PDF files on my device using "Adobe reader" and editing some other documents using "pages". That's how i got that usage time after a complete cycling of the battery.
If you have push and fetch on and playing games, streaming videos either on wifi or 3g, and have that screeshot about your battery life, then it's good. Don't get me wrong, my phone can also reach 1% battery juice after 3 or 4hours after a full charge, it's all depend on what are running in the background, and what i'm doing on the phone.

This everything on except location based iAds& traffic in system settings.

$image-1350260161.jpg

Horrible 5 mins already down to 98%. :(

Sent from my Sn0wed Verizon iPhone 4 wit

Attachments

• $image-708271900.jpg
    $image-708271900.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 410
Horrible 5 mins already down to 98%. :(

Sent from my Sn0wed Verizon iPhone 4 wit

You really should calibrate your battery, let it run down completely and then plug it to the charger, after plugin it and it start charging power off the device and leave it alone for a good 6-7h (you can do that before going to bed in the night) in the morning when you wake up (after 6-7h if charging the phone) power on the device without unplugging the charger and leave it on charge for another 30 - 60mn. Do that once in a while to calibrate the battery, you battery will get better. Stop the habit of charging your battery once it reach 50% or 30% or even 20%
I know many people who saying that they do not go out with 50% or less of battery life on their phones because they fear it to die on them while outside, actually if you aren't going to play games or videos while outside and you just SMS iMessage phone calls, you can have 3h of usage time out from a 50% remaining of battery life before the battery die. 3h of usage time not to confound with 3h of stand by time.
So there way you are charging your iPhone does really matter in real life testing even though documents said that it doesn't matter at all.
I never recharger my phone before 10% or less. And I'm having the morphie juice pack case, so basically I recharge my phone 3 times a week most of the time. I don't really gaming on my phone nor streaming or playing back videos. Purely and simply for communication and reading and little browsing.

NewdestinyX said:
What's really made a huge difference for me is mimicking something another poster, testerwannabe, in another thread mentioned. And that's -- turning off EVERYTHING in the Systems section of Location Services - not just the Time Zone settings one - which has been offered by some reputable sources as our smoking gun. But for me - turning that one off (time zone settings) made 'zero' difference in my battery life. But turning off all the rest - made it huge. And there's nothing in that window except maybe Traffic that I'd ever need. One of those little buttons IS a huge part of the smoking gun to this issue.

I turned everything back on except for locations based iAds and traffic in system settings. Being in an area where the signal is strong has really improved my battery life, I think.

How about this if your battery life sucks just by the mophie juice pack air plus it's badass. I don't have to charge my phone for 3 days and that's with heavy usage. And it makes it easier than having to plug your phone up to charge it. The case looks and feels great in the hands. It's about as thick as the otterbox defender case. Try that out and see what you think it's worth every penny :)

rxcx5790 said:
How about this if your battery life sucks just by the mophie juice pack air plus it's badass. I don't have to charge my phone for 3 days and that's with heavy usage. And it makes it easier than having to plug your phone up to charge it. The case looks and feels great in the hands. It's about as thick as the otterbox defender case. Try that out and see what you think it's worth every penny :)

I have the phonesuit elite case, it has a 2100 mAh battery. I have never gone three days without charging, even when using my phonesuit elite case.

$image-1531612031.jpg

4 hours and look at my battery life , yes I was on the phone a lot today but damn this sucks . Is there anything I can do to fix this I feel like I have my evo again