What's new

How transfer all your contacts from your previous iPhone to iPhone 6

NewbyNewbyNew

Reaction score
I recently purchased an iPhone 6 and the Verizon store transfer my contact from my old phone, but not all the contact in my old phone were transferred. Like a folder(s) were missed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A backup to iTunes will store the contacts from the old iPhone and add it to your new device when you use this backup to restore it.

iCloud will sync contacts and the information connected to it, so I suppose you're not missing folders/contacts saved to iCloud.

If the contacts are connected to an email account, they'll reappear when you set up the account on your iPhone.

A backup to iTunes will store the contacts from the old iPhone and add it to your new device when you use this backup to restore it.

iCloud will sync contacts and the information connected to it, so I suppose you're not missing folders/contacts saved to iCloud.

If the contacts are connected to an email account, they'll reappear when you set up the account on your iPhone.

I like it, thank you very much

How can I tell which email account a contact is attached to? My old phone was a business phone, and when I left that company I told it with me. I no longer have access to that email address, but it still show up on my phone,

If more than one account are set up for Mail, Contacts, Calendars, you'll find "Groups" in the Contacts app, at the top left. Tap it, and you'll find the accounts. Hide all of them but one. When you return to the contacts view (Tap "Done"), you'll only find the ones which belong to the account you've enabled.

You'll need to do this on the old iPhone to find out which contacts are missing.